Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
from Blog post

Happy Friday! Today we have a lot of exciting news to share. First off, beta 2 of aTV Flash (black) is now available. Beta 2 includes full support for the 4.1 AppleTV software, a handful of new features and many all-around improvements. Additionally, we have an early preview of a new feature you're sure to love.

I have an original ATV with ATV Flash that I am very happy with.

The ATV Flash for ATV2 looks like it should be a reality soon. Hopefully I'll get the ATV2 that I've been asking for for Christmas.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Got an aTV 2 as a Christmas gift from work. The stock unit is unless to me. Hoping something good comes out soon. Or else, kijiji here it comes.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Our old Apple TV wasn't used much before ATVflash but now its used everyday.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Not to fully threadjack, but Hugh, what added flexibilty/features do you get with ATV Flash in Canada?

I have an ATV v1 at the cabin, where I don't have any cable or satellite and would like some way to get network TV of a sort into the house. I have the Outlaws coming for christmas and my MIL watched the Y&R religiously. I think I can get it using the computer hooked into the TV, but accessing this stuff from the ATV would be better.

The features that interest me most would be:

Canadian network TV (CTV, Global, CBC) TSN and Sportsnet would be awesome, but I guess a reach. Really for hockey and sports (I follow World Cup Skiing)
Can it stream directly video/music from an NAS or Mediasmart server without iTunes running?

Web browsing and such on a TV is not something I care about.

Tks...If this solves some of my issues, I can install it before the Outlaws arrive and have a much better holiday.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For me, the big features for ATV Flash, ON THE ORIGINAL ATV, are nito which gives me the ability to playback xvid files and dvd vob files that ATV won't. In addition, it allowed me to add an external USB drive which is loaded up with lots of programming. It also has the ability to run boxee.

If the new ATV Flash can allow me to playback the additional files then ATV 2 with ATV Flash will be an excellent combination.\\

1 - 5 of 5 Posts