Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
201 - 206 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
I guess we won't be seeing this in Canada, as Next Generation is exclusive to Space here - and that's not OTA.

:)
OTA is OTA no matter what they call it. We probably won't be seeing ATSC 3.0 in Canada because providers here are cheap and it most likely won't be mandatory to switch.

Do you wear Flip Flops, Sandals or Slides? They're all the same thing.

·
Registered
344 Posts
It's more like 'Canadian TV: We're using an obsolete business model that lacks vision and innovation and you're paying for it.'
Of course we are. Trudeau gave the media a ton of taxpayer money so they can only write good stories about him. Canada still adopted the analog to digital transition later and it's doubtful the 3.0 will be even mentioned unless there is a ton of money to be made from it. I doubt the OTA market is that big anymore, to be honest.

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
OTA is OTA no matter what they call it. We probably won't be seeing ATSC 3.0 in Canada because providers here are cheap and it most likely won't be mandatory to switch.

Do you wear Flip Flops, Sandals or Slides? They're all the same thing.
I should start putting smilies after my posts, to make absolutely sure that no one misses the obvious Star Trek joke.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I should start putting smilies after my posts, to make absolutely sure that no one misses the obvious Star Trek joke.
It might have been obvious many years ago or with someone else reading it but I haven't watched Star Trek since I was a kid and that was in re-runs. Also never watched the sequels and movies, kind of bored with it. This might be the highlight and the most high tech that series ever got. Newer movies never interested me either.

201 - 206 of 206 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.