Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
The wait times really seem to fluctuate throughout the year. I don't know if it's due to having more stuff in the spring/summer (when call times seem to be much lower) or maybe it's due to high turn over.
An hour is an awful wait time, but we really do have to be thankful for the call back feature.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the reason I'm calling is to enquire why I can't select any of the HD bundles on the 'change programming' webpage. any ideas?

·
Registered
61 Posts
I work about 20 minutes from home. If I need to talk to a CSR, I phone SD as I'm leaving work and use the callback feature. Shortly after I'm home, the phone rings and I have my CSR on the end of the line.

I don't know if this would work for you, but I mention it for anyone with similar commute times.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are you on one of the Value Packages? Can't manually change your sub.
I'm on the Silver Package. I want to change to Bronze and add some HD in there. Is that not a possible combination? Because I've tried selecting all the available packages up to Ultimate and still the checkboxes for HD bundles are all greyed out.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
1 hour 30 minutes later, no callback. pathetic.
I had the callback feature when I called at about 7:15 and wait time was 1 hr. + but I never got the callback because I presume that they cut it off at some point once it gets too late although they never tell you that so you wait for nothing.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Bronze + HD should be a valid option. Honestly, it's easier to send an email. They always respond the next day and seem very competent. I've done program changes a few times through email and everything has always gone as I asked.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
alright, I finally got a call back after like 1 hr 45 min. the CSR said that there's some "codes" that have to be put in and you can't change it on the website. WTF? in any event, I got it changed.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I've seen the exact same issue - both a phone CSR and a rep via e-mail said the same thing - there's some software issue that they are aware of and are working on, but have no ETA for. I already have HD Combo, but can't make any changes online or I'll lose them since they get de-selected and greyed out. Their suggestion was just to e-mail or call.

All one can do, I suppose.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
If you are not in a big rush for your programming change go to the "Contact Us" section of the Shaw Direct web site and under "Billing" request your changes. I have done this many times and often the changes are done the same day.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Im just deciding wether to go with Shaw Direct or Bell for my satellite provider but after reading this i'm not sure if I want to go with Shaw is Bell just as bad?

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Im just deciding wether to go with Shaw Direct or Bell for my satellite provider but after reading this i'm not sure if I want to go with Shaw is Bell just as bad?
No do not get the wrong impression, Shaw Direct's customer service is much better than Bells by a long shot and their billing is spot on every month.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sorry not trying to hijack this thread, just trying to figure out who is better to go with I'm going to start a new thread on this.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I called last night at 6:45 PM and the wait time was between 9 and 15 minutes. Got my phone call back and these technicians are great - they really do a good job in making sure you are looked after. I feel that they are top notch.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
I called last night at 6:45 PM and the wait time was between 9 and 15 minutes. Got my phone call back and these technicians are great - they really do a good job in making sure you are looked after. I feel that they are top notch.
What time zone are you in?

Technicians? Maybe technical help had a shorter wait time.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts