Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

41 - 60 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I agree they blew it for the GPS but for what I do with it, I think it's a very good tablet. I would recommend it to friends. If I want a GPS, I'll get a TOMTOM or something. ;)
Having been playing with a tablet for a couple of weeks now, and I agree. The TomTom on my iPhone is more than sufficient.

·
Super Moderator
6,432 Posts
Do you guys use the original browser that came with the tablet and if so, does it hang sometimes and you have to click on wait or cancel? Mine does it often.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I always use the factory browser and it seems to work well after the .14 update. However, I did a factory reset and that resolved at lot of rebooting / lock up issues.

I have updated to .21 and it seems ok. One reboot when starting up the camera app. Browser has been ok. Maybe uninstall flash, and reinstall it.

I found other browsers to be much slower.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I like the dolphin browser. Or rather i did until this last update. Now it seems to hang a lot. Default browser seems much speedier now

·
Super Moderator
6,432 Posts
Well since the .21 update, the original browser seems better.

Was MyNet always there before or is this part of the new update?

·
Super Moderator
6,432 Posts
I guess I haven't played too much with other settings... :eek:

·
Registered
610 Posts
I see they've restored the user agent string in the default browser ("Always request desktop site" in advanced settings.)

Finally!

Mind you, I'm not planning on switching back from Dolphin HD. ;)

·
Super Moderator
6,432 Posts
^^^^^^^^
Thanks for the tip. Never liked getting mobile version of any sites I visit.

·
Super Moderator
6,432 Posts
It doesn't say if it will be free or not. Free would be nice...;)

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
it's also the size of the keyboard dock hinge

jeje

or at least the prototype is

I've got mine registered, and should be here in a couple weeks, but with the size of it, it is NOT ever going to get used

·
Super Moderator
6,432 Posts
Well I must say I'm impressed with ASUS. True that my prime isn't used mainly as GPS but to see them come forward with a device to give us the function of it, that is truely a good gesture on their part. They could've simply told us to shove it but they fixed their design mistake.. Wow.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I received the gps dongle last week and it works great.

Before the built in gps would pick up 4 satelites and not lck on any.
With the gps dongle, it picked up 18, and locked on 12. (from the same location as above)

The offer expires at the end of July.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
yeah, I went from 0 satellites to 12+ while sitting inside

I'm still not likely to ever use it that way, but at least they tried

41 - 60 of 96 Posts