Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

21 - 40 of 96 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,432 Posts
I got the update shortly after my post yesterday and like you, I haven't any crashes or reboots. I do have the odd popup telling my if I want to close the browser or wait.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Asus has not contacted me in 48 hours. Eee Pad Transformer Prime has rolled over 3 times today, and camera has random lines the preview. When it crashed and rebooted the line a went away.

I hope Asus can help....

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
weird, I've been on mine non-stop for the last week or 2 and I've not had any issues at all (other than self inflicted foolishness)

·
Super Moderator
6,432 Posts
I wonder why some people have more troubles than others. Don't they all have the same hardware/software combo?

·
Super Moderator
6,432 Posts
I haven't had any reboots under .14 but the browser still freezes once in a while. Hopefully .15 fixes that as well. At least, ASUS is making firmware updates unlike when I had bought my ASUS A730 pocket pc. :eek:

·
Super Moderator
6,432 Posts
Did anyone notice that their Prime has stopped refreshing the weather widget since the last two firmware upgrades or is it just mine?

·
Super Moderator
6,432 Posts
It doesn't matter which one I use, it just doesn't refresh. Bugs me.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I'm no more than a week away from purchasing. While I haven't quite decided between the prime or tf101 I was wondering is there any point to keeping stock OS while I get used to the tablet or just jump right in and do the ICS upgrade?

·
Super Moderator
6,432 Posts
When I got mine, I went straight to the ICS upgrade. I wanted to learn my tablet with the upper OS instead of having to curse the lower for not being able to INSERT FAVORITE ACTION HERE.

Now I can't wait for my phone to get ICS as well. :eek:

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I see no reason to not upgrade

I did when I got my 201

the Prime is awesome, it's almost completely replaced both my laptops

·
Registered
123 Posts
@mikeh.... I picked up my Eee Pad Transformer Prime 3 weeks ago. It has not been a good experience.

First it was the crappy .13 update... It would reboot 2-3 times a day. The .14 update helped, but mine is going to be sent back as the camera works once in a while, and apps crash all the time. I used to love ASUS products and have many of their motherboards, but the Prime was rused out too soon.

GPS does not work, so ASUS fixed it by removing GPS from the spec sheet. Wi-fi and bluetooth have an issue and the speed slows to a crawl...

Save your money and get a nice "New iPad" or a Samsung Tab. Asus blew it.

·
Super Moderator
6,432 Posts
I have had mine since January and I haven't used my GPS for anything so for it to work or not, it isn't a big problem. I like the portability of my ASUS and if I had to do it over, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it again.

I agree they blew it for the GPS but for what I do with it, I think it's a very good tablet. I would recommend it to friends. If I want a GPS, I'll get a TOMTOM or something. ;)

21 - 40 of 96 Posts