Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Up until this past Monday, the spam service (ASSP) included on my web-hosting provider's (CanadianWebHosting) cPanel was working fine. E-mail traffic coming into and going out of my domains (I'll call them eljay.ca and yajle.ca) was working fine, spam was being blocked, etc.

Suddenly, and seemingly randomly, ASSP is blocking e-mails from friends, businesses and even ones I've sent to myself from my government e-mail account! Strangely, too, it's stopped a couple of e-mails from my eljay.ca and my wife's eljay.ca accounts from being sent out.

I've contacted my hosting provider, but they don't seem to have a clue about what to do other than "You could turn off your spam filtering."

I know this is a long shot but...any thoughts on what this could be, or how to go about resolving this?

Additional info:
- ASSP will let you add (via an e-mail) domains / e-mail address to a white list, but I would have to start trolling through my spam logs every couple of hours just to see who might've suddenly ended up in there, and not only is that labour-intensive, but I might also miss a blocked address.
- cPanel doesn't offer any customization of ASSP, so I can't tweak the settings to "relax" the scoring and blocking.

Thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts