Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if the sens games are broadcast in HD ( 720p or 1080i ) on CBC, on saturdays when they're not playing the Leafs or the Habs.

Thanx

·
Registered
145 Posts
Usually no.
However, I do know for a fact that the Sens vs. Calgary game this Wednesday will indeed be in HD. 1080i / Stereo.

Cheers!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If sportsnet is broadcasting the sens/calgary game it'll be 720P, and NOT 1080i.

I heard CBC only has 2 HD trucks to broadcast hockey on satrudays, one in the east, and one in the west , any truth to that rumour ?

·
Super Moderator
56,507 Posts
If you search this forum for "HNIC CBC*", you'll find plenty of previous discussions on what's on in HD, WS, DD5.1, when there were issues, etc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey 9293 Blue Jays, I'm not to sure what kind of TV you have, but I have the Second best TV in the world, (the first being the Pioneer Elite), and I can tell you that these snes gane on saturday are not broadcast in HD .... thank you

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^^In that case, only the Canucks would be in HD :p..........Go Nucks Go!
So the canucks have 1 good year, and you think they're the best team in the world, then sens belong in HD, ...........CBC should be ashamed of themselves

·
Registered
145 Posts
Well, considering I'm working on the game Wednesday night and I'm staring at the tech req, I guess I don't know what I'm talking about. If it's getting down converted to 720p, well, that's your local cable provider.

But, hey, the more you know!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, considering I'm working on the game Wednesday night and I'm staring at the tech req, I guess I don't know what I'm talking about. If it's getting down converted to 720p, well, that's your local cable provider.

But, hey, the more you know!
Sportsnet only broadcasts games in 720P, not 1080i. Why don't you send me what you're staring at. It's not my local cable provider.

I own the best TV in the world, wanna know what it is ??

·
Super Moderator
56,507 Posts
sunny_g said:
Sportsnet only broadcasts games in 720P
Incorrect. Here's the FAQ on HD formats, broadcast and service providers.

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=76129

Sportsnet is "broadcast" 1080i. I just checked again on my Rogers STB and the signal comes into the STB as 1080i. Fox, ABC, Speed, come into my STB as 720P, as indicated in the above FAQ.

All channels are converted by BTV to 720P and some people may set 720P as the output option on their STB, however, Rogers Sportsnet is 1080i.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.