Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All:

I picked up one of the Archos 7 Home Tablets.

I love what the device does. I use it to interface to some smarthome software, and as an ebook reader. It works quite well, and after working around the few minor inconveniences that are software.

Sadly, I have already replaced the unit once at best buy, and the second time (outside the 30 day exchange) has to be returned to archos.

Of course without a receipt they won't look at the device. Unfortunately, I can't find my receipt so (my fault) I am out of luck. Still to have 2 units fail in 45 days is a pretty bad.

I will see if they are going to RMA my unit. Doesn't sound like they will, so i guess it will just go in the garbage and i'll pick up a velocity unit and see how that goes.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Archos 7

Well as it turns out, i left the unit alone for 3 or 4 days, let the battery totally discharge.

Then i plugged it in and it worked. Now i did try leaving it for a day or 2, and that didn't work, only when I left it alone for at least 3. I guess the battery had to die completely. I had to reset the screen calibration when the unit turned on but it did remember all my software and ebooks.

It's not a fix but i suppose it's a "workaround". I'm still not happy with the way I was treated by archos. Now i suppose i won't be throwing it in the garbage like I originally planned.

I still think i'm going to get one of the velocity units.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts