Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Member #1
Joined
·
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With ATV, the manual says if you hold the play button for more than 3 seconds, the unit will automatically go into standby mode

This has worked maybe once for me, the rest of the time it doesn't

Anybody else having this problem?

Thanks in advance
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
434 Posts
yeah mine doesn't go into standby with the select/play button. i've got my harmony setup so 1 button turns on tv, receiver, and appletv. i'd say 75% of the time this works fine, but the other 25% of the time the appletv doesn't turn on (or off). the worst part is since the power button is the same as select play, i've started movies that i didn't want to watch just by turning my system on and off. i had to watch ironman wednesday night despite having to study for a test the next day. wasn't happy about that. thats what happens when apple tries to "cram" as few buttons as it can on a remote.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
796 Posts
The new ATV firmware added a few functions to the pause command, so you have to be in the main menu (home) on ATV before shutting down by holding down pause. I guess a Harmony macro like <menu><menu><menu><pause5> might work.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
309 Posts
Sorry,

No problems here. Works every time for me (Apple remote or Harmony 880), but I only do it from the main menu.
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top