Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
While we're at it, Nuje did post that he was waiting for the torrent... (post was deleted though)
I heard that many of these torrents have trojans in them. Not worth the expense IMO.

I managed to order the new ilife for my macbook that I purchased on Dec. 26th by using Feb. 2, 2009 as the purchase date. No idea why it worked, but it did!
Yeah, I've heard that has worked for some. You think they'd have a better check for that, or not allow people to do it if it. Is it fraud if they allow you to do it without them checking? Some may say yes, some may say no.

I'd have paid for it full out. When I bought my first mac, Panther came out less than a month after I received shipment, I was using Jaguar. I inquired if I could get a deal on Panther, they said no (there was no way around it) and I had a choice to buy it or not. I didn't, and that was my choice, and paid for Tiger when it came out.

There are always Mac Milestones -- Never buy a mac before a major event, like MacWorld (not that they're going to any of those any more) but there are buying guides out there and enough rumour sites to indicate when their products will be refreshed. As soon as they announce the product, in this case - new software - they're pretty good about getting you the updates if you bought the hardware after that date.

And an update on my shipment - Mine shipped on Wednesday night, but Purolator told me that my tracking # was invalid. I hope it's there when I get home. :)

·
Registered
241 Posts
I didn't get mine. The 8th business day after shipping was last Monday - I called and the guy said that the shipping was delayed "Due to weather trouble, call back in a few days". Based on many reports, I heard they used overnight shipping so this was bothering me some.

Anyways, I placed a call last night - they're sending me another copy and using a different courier to get it to me - so I'll let you know how that goes. I was not pleased with the first guys service, but happy with the 2nd call.

Each time - I received an email from Apple indicating that if I had a problem with customer service - to let them know and I'd get a call back - that's a good idea on their part and makes me feel better about doing business with them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.