Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apple today introduced iLife ’09, which features major upgrades to iPhoto, iMovie and GarageBand, and includes iDVD and an updated version of iWeb.

iPhoto ’09 builds on the ability to automatically organize photos into Events by adding Faces and Places as breakthrough new ways to easily organize and manage your photos.

iMovie ’09 expands on the revolutionary super fast movie creation introduced in iMovie ’08 by adding the depth users want through powerful easy-to-use new features such as the incredible new Precision Editor, video stabilization, advanced drag and drop, and animated travel maps.

GarageBand ’09 introduces a whole new way to help you learn to play piano and guitar with 18 basic lessons and optional lessons from top artists such as Sara Bareilles, John Fogerty, Norah Jones and Sting.

iLife ’09 is included with every new Mac purchase and available as a $79 upgrade for existing users.

$99 in Canada!!

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Apple said today that iLife 09 would be available tomorrow at retail stores.

·
Registered
748 Posts
I pre-ordered on-line. My copy just arrived via Purolator (2:30PM) Apple Eaton Centre sold-out of iWork quickly so call before you go, if it's much of a trip. Or order on-line and have it delivered in 1-2 days. Shipment was from Birchmount Rd in Markham, yesterday evening so I got it in less than 24 hours.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Went to Fairview at lunch... they did not receive iLife '09 regular edition, just the family pack. They claim they will get the regular edition later this week. Didn't need it bad enough to pay the $30 difference and I only have one Mac.

There was plenty of iWork '09 in stock...

·
Registered
772 Posts
Of course I bought a new Macbook on Dec. 26th. If I would have known I could have waited. Arrgh.
I managed to order the new ilife for my macbook that I purchased on Dec. 26th by using Feb. 2, 2009 as the purchase date. No idea why it worked, but it did!

I know its bad etiquette to quote yourself but I couldn't edit my original post....

·
Registered
772 Posts
Well I wasn't bragging, I was trying to help others like me who felt shafted given we only bought our macs a few days before they announced the updrade to ilife. My other option was to return my macbook and rebuy it so that the purchase date was within the allowable time. In that case, apple (or rather FS) would now have to resell it as opened merchandise at a reduced price.

·
Registered
241 Posts
While we're at it, Nuje did post that he was waiting for the torrent... (post was deleted though)
I heard that many of these torrents have trojans in them. Not worth the expense IMO.

I managed to order the new ilife for my macbook that I purchased on Dec. 26th by using Feb. 2, 2009 as the purchase date. No idea why it worked, but it did!
Yeah, I've heard that has worked for some. You think they'd have a better check for that, or not allow people to do it if it. Is it fraud if they allow you to do it without them checking? Some may say yes, some may say no.

I'd have paid for it full out. When I bought my first mac, Panther came out less than a month after I received shipment, I was using Jaguar. I inquired if I could get a deal on Panther, they said no (there was no way around it) and I had a choice to buy it or not. I didn't, and that was my choice, and paid for Tiger when it came out.

There are always Mac Milestones -- Never buy a mac before a major event, like MacWorld (not that they're going to any of those any more) but there are buying guides out there and enough rumour sites to indicate when their products will be refreshed. As soon as they announce the product, in this case - new software - they're pretty good about getting you the updates if you bought the hardware after that date.

And an update on my shipment - Mine shipped on Wednesday night, but Purolator told me that my tracking # was invalid. I hope it's there when I get home. :)

·
Registered
497 Posts
I ordered Wed. night. It was out front when I left for work this morning...9am (I have NSR Sticker)

·
Registered
241 Posts
I didn't get mine. The 8th business day after shipping was last Monday - I called and the guy said that the shipping was delayed "Due to weather trouble, call back in a few days". Based on many reports, I heard they used overnight shipping so this was bothering me some.

Anyways, I placed a call last night - they're sending me another copy and using a different courier to get it to me - so I'll let you know how that goes. I was not pleased with the first guys service, but happy with the 2nd call.

Each time - I received an email from Apple indicating that if I had a problem with customer service - to let them know and I'd get a call back - that's a good idea on their part and makes me feel better about doing business with them.

·
Registered
748 Posts
I have found everything about shopping at the Apple Store and on-line ordering to be reliable, so hope your software arrives and sorry to read about your trouble. I had a shipment from another store over the recent holidays that was was too long arriving, had set the following Monday as the day to launch inquiries when, low and behold, Canada Post delivered it on a Sunday afternoon looking as though it has been kicking around in the back of a van for 2 weeks! Fortunately the good were not damaged.

As for the post about the NSR Sticker - a friend who had recently moved into a new house and had paid no attention to the little bar code by the front door ordered a new system from Dell. When it didn't arrive and Dell confirmed deliver, Purolator's response was "you have NSR service" So they left a nice big box labelled Dell on the porch in the middle of the day at a mid-Toronto address. Dell shipped a replacement at no cost to the customer [but it was still a crapper of a system] .

·
Registered
497 Posts
I have an NSR sticker. Purolator will leave the software i ordered on the front. But, When I ordered my new Mac, they would not. I called and rescheduledh.They said I have to sign for it. not my wife, or son. I had to show ID. no deviating from the policy. It had to be me...They said apple is worried about fraud. The funny thing was when it came the next day. I was out front. with my neighbors. I told one of them to grab the package. no ID nothing, sign here and it yours. I dint try anything funny, but it was funny how they were so animate about me following policy. and, they don't.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Face recognition feature is sweet! Also like the fact that iPhoto lets you place the pictures exactly were you took them. I had a few photos when we were in Paris and you can place the picture right on the street you took it. Then scan the world view and see the marker.:)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts