991 Posts
Discussion Starter #21

·
Registered
1,181 Posts

·
Registered
4,727 Posts
well im going to wait for all the people to drop hundreds if not thousands of dollars on upgading to the iphone 6, so i can upgrade to the not so new iphone 5 and pay a lot less. im not made out of money so i dont see the need to upgrade to the latest i phone every year, and plus, have u seen the retail outright price for the phone lately? people dont realize how much their spending, and there is not a hole lot of difference between each newer modle

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
well im going to wait for all the people to drop hundreds if not thousands of dollars on upgading to the iphone 6, so i can upgrade to the not so new iphone 5 and pay a lot less. im not made out of money so i dont see the need to upgrade to the latest i phone every year, and plus, have u seen the retail outright price for the phone lately? people dont realize how much their spending, and there is not a hole lot of difference between each newer modle

That is your choice. Most people get the iPhone in a subsidized price anyway. But that is their choice is it? They can spend as much as they want on a new iPhone. Not sure what business it is of yours?

Not sure how you can say there won't be much of a difference on the 6 compared to the 5?? If the rumours are true there will be two larger phone sizes coming out. I am guessing there will be a big difference in the two models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
jshel101 said:
That is your choice. Most people get the iPhone in a subsidized price anyway.
But these people end up paying more "in the end", especially now that Canadian carriers have new payment arrangements where customers who buy outright basically cut $20 off their monthly cost to get the phone.

That said, I think most people are bad at the whole "money" thing. They have no problem getting locked into a expensive plan if they get a "free" to $199 phone.

Personally I think the way to go is to buy the phone outright, that way it's not locked to a particular carrier. Also, that way you're more conscious of how much money you're spending.

·
Registered
4,727 Posts
That's right it IS NONE of my business how much people want to drop on a new I phone, but it is ALL of my business how much I choose to spend on them. I did make an observation that people do spend unnecessary on iphones, that is not just a statement its also factual because I personally know someone who not only pays big bucks for the newest I phone but he also has to pay a penalty with his carrier to give him the opportunity to renew earlier so he can get his hands on one, plus they want him to increase his monthly plan price as hi as $80 and up to even qualify for the renewal, where before he was paying $40/mo x24 months. but then again, its none of my business but when I explained this in detail to my friend it actually sank in and he realized how much he spends when he had no idea he was spending so much more, he was really thankful for my helpful advice

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #33

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
Pretty much everything one needs to know going into tomorrow's spectacle
http://www.extremetech.com/computing/189356-4-7-and-5-5-inch-iphone-6-sapphire-glass-iwatch-nfc-payments-confirmed-by-new-report
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/05/technology/apple-smartwatch-and-bigger-iphones-to-be-introduced.html?_r=1
At roughly the same time every year, Apple performs an unofficial official leak to one of the big US newspapers. Historically it has usually been the Wall Street Journal, but this year it’s the New York Times. This unofficial “pre-release” from Apple usually serves as a tidy way to brush away some of the rumor mill’s more spurious predictions — and I’m sure the stock market likes it, too.
Except for the look of the iWatch, it seems everything has been leaked.
I'm not talking about anything as "groundbreaking and industry shocking" as a 64-bit OS.

No iTV, I guess...:)

EDIT:
The last missing piece of the puzzle?
http://www.phonearena.com/news/Biggest-Apple-iWatch-leak-so-far-CAD-drawings-show-the-most-complex-and-expensive-product-to-manufacture-to-date_id60431

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
The post you quoted (part of) was about the watch.
And Apple's drift away from the commoditizing smartphone market.

The high-end Swiss watch market (that Ive plans to screw) is narcissistic by definition...

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Here's my prediction for tomorrow:

Apple will announce its new phone and update on iOS8 to great fanfare Some innovations will be truly important, and some claims will not be innovative at all.

Apple haters will universally pan the whole thing. Apple fanboys will universally drool. They will argue, often nonsensically.

A few weeks will pass, Apple will sell a crapload of phones. They will remain the top premium manufacturer, but the low-end will grow at a faster rate. Everybody will have something to brag about.

Life will go on.

99semaj will continue to buy all of them because that's what he likes to do. Well, probably no more Blackberry's, but he remains optimistic on QNX. Even though there's things he enjoys about his Android and Nokia 1020, he will use his Apples more.

21 - 40 of 104 Posts