Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
I wonder why they still bother with the iPod line. The new iPod Touch costs as much as the new Kindle HD.
I think the iPod touches are largely for the youth market. That new loop thingy makes me think it will be a great digital camera for kids to take pictures with on trips.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Obviously they are still selling well. Not everyone wants or needs cellular connectivity in their portable media player, nor wants to lug a tablet everywhere. The Touch isn't meant to compete with a tablet, so comparing pricing between the two is somewhat irrevelant.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
The youth in my house has not touched my iPod Touch 4th gen ever since we got an iPad. They refuse to downgrade.

·
Super Moderator
3,210 Posts
Im not sure how well that iPad would fit in their pocket while walking to school, listening to music on the bus or just riding a bike. There is still a huge market for portable audio players. $299 Touch vs $519 for an iPad... much easier to justify a Touch for Christmas than an iPad for the "average" parent.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Im not sure how well that iPad would fit in their pocket while walking to school, listening to music on the bus or just riding a bike.
They already have a phone for that and there's plenty of other devices to "play music".

But since you seem to know my two boys better than I do, you win.

·
Super Moderator
3,210 Posts
Not sure why you took my post as being antagonistic..? I was generalizing that in my opinion a lot of kids enjoy listening to music on the move where the iPad doesn't fit into that activity too well. Seeing that your post questioned why Apple was still investing in the Touch I thought that was a fairly valid point.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I would like to see the pricing on the different models. I only see "starts at $699".

If I can get a decent price for my factory unlocked 32GB 4S with 16 months of Apple Care left I think it will be worth the upgrade.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Apple used to innovate now they just play catch up and lighter the competition. Nothing announced that would make me consider an iPhone

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
It is pretty tough to get excited over the iPhone5 vs a Samsung S3, especially for a new entrant.

For me, I'm heavily invested in the ecosystem because I'm an early adopter and Apple was years ahead of the competition, but if I were just entering the market now, I don't think Apple would be a "clear choice".

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I actually like the new Nano more than the phone. Only concern is there doesn't seem to be a lock switch for preventing accidentally adjusting the volume or powering on/off - hmmm????

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Yeah I thy for those already Apple'd up its too much hassle to shift but purely on specs/price the S3 & HTC One X are far more attractive. Still there are those that will be seduced by the hype.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts