Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got telus tv installed but tech could not get the security camera in the apartment to show on tv.
Is this available/doable with telus tv and if so how?
and what channel?

·
Registered
31 Posts
lobby cam

Actually MTS are currently the only mediaroom provider with lobby cam. The challenge with mediaroom versus cable its that on cable the feed is a local feed using a DTT tuner. The mediaroom boxes in Canada both Moto and Cisco do not have this capability.

So what the telco's have to do is convert the coax to a Windows Media services stream and then provision a channel on the set top box that tunes to this stream. Not too sure where Telus are at with this but it is do-able but its not quite as simple as it would seem.

·
Registered
82 Posts
totally depends on the setup in the suite. If the tech was able to setup your STB without using the in suite coax, you should be able to connect the coax feed to your tv and still have the security channel on ch117 or whatever analog channel you had it on before.

if the in suite coax was used for the Optik install, you are, well, hooped for now

***telus employee, but my views are all my own***

·
Registered
241 Posts
I don't think that's correct. With security cams, the feed is injected into the shaw feed BEFORE the main shaw splitter for the building. When shaw disconnects a customer, they are disconnected after the splitter. There's no way (ie, no free or cheap way) to get the feed without being a Shaw subscriber.
-Telus tech

·
Registered
82 Posts
the way that shaw is (was)supposed to do it is put a filter on the line, leaving the security feed connected, or at least that is how it was when i had the pleasure of working there...

either way, there is no easy way, as of now, to keep the security feed active....

***telus employee, but my views are all my own***

·
Registered
31 Posts
lobby cam

I know a little about the lobby cam from the mediaroom side and there a few hurdles to jump from a technical perpective in the current version of the mediaroom client 1.6.3. It is possible to do but expensive and there are changes coming in client 2.0 that make it a little more affordable.

·
Registered
31 Posts
do-able

Actually not only is it do-able it's been done. MTS has it in production. They are the only sevice provider with Mediaroom thus far that has implemented a method to do it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Update re; Enter phone cams?

Does anyone know of any update to these questions?
I too changed over and cannot receive the cam feed from the Entry phone in our complex.
thks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts