Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone with Distributel Internet? or know anyone with Distributel Cable internet?

Looking now at Distributel Cable Internet as they have very good pricing. Looking for Internet and phone service. Have read some reviews and they are very brutal and then a few good reviews. So very hesitant about Distributel.

TIA

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
At least from my experience from hearing from others, and from forums, etc..

Using any 3rd party ones Like Distributel, etc.. can sometimes be a mixed bag.. or a risk vs Cost scenario.

Usually they are much cheaper, no doubt.

Some the customer service is in question.
Others the customer service is ok.
But you always have to remember they are sometimes limited. They can make changes on their end after the connection gets to them (so routing, etc).
But when there are any problems which require local fixes (local signal, etc), its required for them to get the carrier they are renting on to fix it.. which can take sometimes longer :(

Hopefully someone specifically with distributel here can speak up.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have Ebox and there was a time(For a year) that they were growing so fast that they didn't have enough capacity. They had a hard time keeping up. So there would be slowdowns and disconnects. Agents said it was my hardware and or OS. I am using the same hardware and OS now and all is fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts