Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this is in the wrong place to post this.

Am looking to buy a OnePlus6T phone but can't find out for sure if it will be compatible with Bell.
It has the right LTE bands but I'm told that that doesn't necessarily mean that the phone is approved by Bell.
I've just switched from a prepaid plan to a monthly plan with Bell. Unfortunately our Microsoft Phone will no longer be supported after June so am looking at androids.

Hope someone can verify if this phone can be used with Bell.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for replying.
The phone seems to get very good reviews am surprised that nobody is using either it or the OnePlus6.

·
Registered
8,654 Posts
The OnePlus6 is reported to work with Rogers, Telus, Bell, Sasktel and Eastlink. It should also work with incumbent discount brands such as Koodo, Fido, etc. There may be others. Note that you do not need approval from Bell or any other carrier. They may not officially support the phone but using the phone should be as simple as installing a compatible SIM card and turning the phone on. Some additional configuration may be required for data and other features.

Carrier Confusion Clear Up

OnePlus 6

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the information ExDilbert, it was the approval I was most concerned about.
Have bitten the bullet and ordered the OnePlus6T, it seems the OnePlus6 is no longer available, at least on the OnePlus website.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts