Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
8,596 Posts
The reason given was that the French law was too vague and it was difficult to determine what was essential and what was not. It's likely that Amazon's business would grind to halt. Essential items seem to be in very short supply and non-essential items not.

There is a similar issue here. When are two people (or even one) walking outside violating the law? Another issue is which law applies, federal, provincial or municipal? Even the ticket issuers don't always seem to know.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Amazon Canada's shipping is still all over the map.

I ordered an item on April 6 that was shown as 'in stock', so I naturally presumed mine would be shipped from that stock, with a estimated ship date of May 2 as Amazon's 'CYA'. It was still 'in stock' the following day, but no shipment notification.

The following day, it was shown as being back in stock April 12, so not the end of the world... but it subsequently became 'Currently unavailable' and the projected ship date became May 12.

Considering it's the Wahl Power Pro Corded Grooming Kit #9686 that flaminghomer mentioned, I'm not holding my breath re: getting it any time soon! :grin

·
Super Moderator
56,440 Posts
I ordered some bedding through Amazon last week. The items were "in stock". It showed a guaranteed date of May 15 which seems to be a new norm. This was not a problem since it's not urgent. Usually I get a confirmation of shipping the next working day, but in this instance, I have not received that notice. Also, my credit card showed a "pending" transaction, but even that has disappeared with no actual CC transaction. This item still shows in my orders and still shows the delivery date, but it has not shipped (just ordered). It's "fulfilled by Amazon Canada." I guess they've deemed this non-essential and will ship it when they get around to it, hopefully in time for May 15.

I did order another item at around the same time and it arrived Sunday. (I'm not a Prime member)

·
Registered
243 Posts
I ordered something the other day because it "Ships from Canada". Nope, China shipping.. really ticked off

·
Registered
971 Posts
I ordered a book on Tuesday, and received it today, Friday. Three days isn’t bad at all. The original estimated delivery date was to be next Monday, April 27th, but it was pushed up to today when it was shipped yesterday. The shipping company was Dynamex rather than the more commonly seen Canada Post.

·
Registered
178 Posts
It might be because people are Prime but I ordered 2 items in stock on April 17 and delivery is supposed to be by May 20.

I check every few days and the status hasn't changed since April 17.

Bob

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Shipping seems to still be hit or miss. Being a prime member usually my pre-orders ship the Thursday before release day Tuesday and I always get it on Tuesday. Now my last order was shipped on a Monday and I received it on Wednesday. Now looking at random things I could have purchased some Sanni sticks $6.25 and had them shipped by somewhere around May 24 or I could have paid an extra $20 and get expedited shipping(for which I should get for free as a prime member) and it was very similar for other items like peanut butter or water, 12 pack of pop ect,ect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Latest order. Order placed Apr. 22. Order shipped Apr. 23. Predicted delivery date was Apr. 28. Order is out for delivery this morning, Apr. 27. So a total of 5 days. That is not any different than before COVID. I'm not a Prime member and chose free shipping on items over $35. Amazon continues to come through for this ordinary, non-Prime customer.

·
Registered
8,596 Posts
The past week has seen an improvement in shipping times. Past orders with long wait times have been delivered and new orders are arriving quickly, despite long expected wait times. YMMV

·
Registered
354 Posts
I ordered a coffee maker on Saturday with Prime next day delivery. It did show up yesterday even though it showed scheduled for today.

·
Registered
609 Posts
@ExDilbert, not in my recent experience.

Things are still slow. My order of April 6 is now shown as shipping this week (although the item is still 'currently unavailable') but again, I'm not holding my breath.

In addition, I ordered 2 books last Monday that were (and are) shown as in stock, but the order is still shown as arriving May 15th. I hope it's at least a few days earlier, as one of the books is intended as a Mothers Day present!

·
Super Moderator
56,440 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
There's an update on my April 6 order. It's now shown as being passed on to Intelcom Express on April 26.

My great fortune continues, however... Intelcom still has no record of receiving the package from Amazon! :frown

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Prime member. Ordered an 'in-stock, PRIME' paperback book. Of course, we PAY for two-day shipping. The TV stuff? That was an afterthought, which I believe is now a forced 'fore-thought' on the part of Amazon. Anyway, what should take two days, took EIGHT. And I was told up-front it would take that long.

Now listen, I agree Covid-19 has introduced new challenges for Amazon. On the other hand, they've hired 10,000 workers, orders are up like crazy, none of the stuff we'd like (sanitizing wipes, flour, yeast) are easily available at Prime-prices, and Amazon's stock price has stayed up, up, up for the most part ($2310 U.S. today).

So I have to ask: why aren't members who've paid for a year in advance with certain expectations built into that price been offered a rebate on their yearly fees? The auto insurance industry was ok with that. Bezos is making just as much money if not more than he was.

We all realize the stay-at-home orders of one-timers, non-members and newcomers are throwing a spanner in the works so to speak.

But that's not OUR problem, that's mulit-billionaire Bezoz's problem. You promised us two-day delivery. We're fine with it taking longer, but you need to refuned some fees, because you've failed to deliver to the contract we entered.

Now get off my lawn!

·
Registered
8,596 Posts
I tend to agree but Bezos didn't become the richest man in the world by being sentimental about his customers. He's ruthless in the way he treats his competitors, his employees and everyone else. He's probably leaning on his suppliers to supply product but a lot of it is unavailable everywhere except the factory where it's being made, and that's probably over a week away by container ship. So just keep paying to hurry up and wait. :S

·
Registered
4,727 Posts
My wife and I have often used Amazon during the Covid pandemic. With the malls closed and many retailers closed or reduced hours, it has been a challenge to buy stuff, but we have ordered toys and books and shipped them to relatives who had birthdays for their kids, since we were not able to attend due to physical distancing rules. We also used Amazon to order hard to find items because people are hoarding stuff at the grocery stores. and its been good to us. I even received a Amazon Gift card as a gift and have been using it towards our purchases.

41 - 60 of 74 Posts