Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone still shopping for items on Amazon? I was browsing yesterday thinking I might place an order but decided against it as literally everything I was going for is showing a ship date of May 3/4 even for prime members which isn’t going to happen. I was able to order two of the five things for immediate pick up at Best Buy with the other three items ordered from Best Buy’s site for delivery to my door with in seven days, that’s pretty good. I’m sure Amazon must be crazy busy but now is the time for them to hire extra staff just like all the grocery stores are doing. Waiting a month for things is crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
I am getting orders from Amazon usually within few days. Any goods that are being shipped from China could take up to a month.

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts
I ordered something last week and it arrived yesterday. Another order I placed since is showing a ship date of May 3. Obviously lots of people shopping from home....

·
Registered
8,598 Posts
Amazon orders are hit and miss. Estimated delivery dates can be very inaccurate and are often 4 weeks or more. They claim to be prioritizing things like medical items and basic needs. The problem is that a lot of that stuff is back ordered or not available, for example tylenol and hand sanitizer. Our water filter sprang a leak and the replacement parts are delayed 4 weeks. It's a good thing we don't need it for contaminant (other than chlorine) or pathogen removal. On the other hand, a DVD arrived in two days. Now that's a priority. :^

·
Registered
590 Posts
Even Amazon has to deal with COVID-19... the warehouse workers (fewer working), delivery drivers (fewer on the road) and the severe shortage of planes.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I browsed for a few things, delivery was pushed way out for me and yes I am a prime member in the GTA

·
Registered
354 Posts
@Smokin Joe: Which grocery stores would those be? I tried both Loblaws and Metro and the earliest pick up dates were close to two weeks away. Delivery had no dates available.

Sorry for hijacking the thread...just wondering if anyone has had better luck. Mods, please feel free to move this as appropriate.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can’t speak for grocery delivery as I’m still trekking out to the store myself but I know the safeway’s & Superstores in my area are all hiring extra employees for the foreseeable future. I’d think that would include drivers for places like save on foods but I’m not sure(I’m in SK). I did however place an order from Amazon just now for a pre-order out on Apr 21 and the delivery date is April 21 as well so we shall see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
354 Posts
I just placed an order (for hair clippers :)) on Amazon and it will supposedly be here 04 Apr.

·
Registered
609 Posts
@flaminghomer, may I ask which clippers you ordered?

I'm overdue for a buzz and the multipurpose Panasonic (beard + hair... supposedly) struggled mightily today... might have something to do with the fact that the now-grey/white stuff is a lot coarser than it used to be when it was 'mousey brown'! ;)

As others have mentioned, it's hit and miss with Amazon at the moment. I placed an order last night and was a bit surprised to see the expected delivery date was May 1. :eek:

Mind you, I was pleasantly surprised when I got a "shipped" email today, with delivery now expected sometime next week via Canada Post. :D

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts
They're probably reserving delivery capacity for their new agreement with the federal government.

·
Registered
354 Posts
@flaminghomer, may I ask which clippers you ordered?
I don't know if I can post the link here, but it was this one: Wahl Power Pro Corded Grooming Kit #9686. It has supposedly shipped and will be here tomorrow.

I've always had thick hair and as you said, it's a lot coarser now that it's grey, so this thing's gonna get a workout. I'll let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
8,598 Posts
I have a similar model. It looks like it's been updated with a slimmer design. It close to the Wahl Lithium Ion Complete Haircutting Kit Model 3197 but it's corded. Corded Wahl clippers are hard to beat. Lots of power and a very good blades. The do a good, fast job. The only downside is the cord.

I've tried other, cordless brands and they don't even come close, especially at that price. I expect the Wahl cordless trimmers are good as well but the price goes up significantly and they are out of stock.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I placed an order Thursday and received part of it yesterday (Friday). The rest of the order (food order add-ons) is likely to ship today as my credit card was just charged (Saturday).

·
Registered
354 Posts
The clippers arrived this morning. They got through my mop pretty well. Only caught a little at the back where almost every single hair goes in a different direction. The new 'do looks OK as long as you don't look too closely. That'll take practice. Not bad for less than the price of two haircuts.

·
Registered
292 Posts
As a Prime member I regularly use Amazon and my use had been increasing over the past months/years - until about two weeks ago. As opposed to being my "go-to" one stop shopping, I have been looking at other options to get things earlier. In essence, the delays with Amazon shipping have opened my eyes to other retailers who ship quickly (though sometimes with a small fee).

In the past few days we have ordered from Staples, Pet-Smart and Costco.ca for product which we would normally have bought off Amazon. It will be curious to see how this affects our long term on-line shopping habits once things eventually get back to some semblance of normal....

1 - 20 of 75 Posts