Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
TV channel selection rule: Anything with “comedy” in the name is only worth a giggle.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I like how Much programmers think there are more people in Canada willing to watch 30 year old episodes of Married...with Children instead of music videos. Or the cost of airing old TV shows brings in more revenue.

At least Just for Laughs will be on 5 other Bell owned channels, also on CBC and ICI.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Music videos are dead. Artists don't make them anymore, and the ones that do would prefer their fans watch it on YouTube versus cable TV. That's where the money is.

Music content on MTV and Much died a long time ago. Now they are just reality TV and re-run channels.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Regularly scheduled blocks of Just For Laughs/Comedy Now and Retro Lunch resumes on Tuesday, September 3, 2019

They also added reruns of Seinfeld beginning on 9/3/2019 as well

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
I like how Much programmers think there are more people in Canada willing to watch 30 year old episodes of Married...with Children instead of music videos. Or the cost of airing old TV shows brings in more revenue.

At least Just for Laughs will be on 5 other Bell owned channels, also on CBC and ICI.
And they're probably not wrong. People who want to watch music videos these days can do it on demand on Youtube and get exactly the ones they want. It's just a dead format on TV. Plus, I doubt Married with Children was expensive content to acquire at this point.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Is the "Much Retro Lunch" off of the schedule? Reruns of "Corner Gas" are slated in its this place for this week anyways

1pm EST, 10am PST on Much

·
Super Moderator
16,699 Posts
I confirmed Much Retro Lunch isn't on the schedule next week either. You could try tweeting https://twitter.com/Much to see if has been permanently canceled or it's temporary due to Covid-19.

You could also try David Friend at The Canadian Press (https://twitter.com/dfriend) who wrote an article about the program that was published in the Globe and Mail a year ago.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I should've have posted to this thread.

It seems that the "Much Retro Lunch" has not aired since March 20th, 2020.

I did try to contact someone at Bell Media along with another online reporter, and they have not replied back.

Repeats of "Corner Gas" presently air in its place.

·
Super Moderator
16,699 Posts
@ShawViewer I moved your previous post and my response to this thread for context. Thanks for checking.

The timing corresponded to the Covid-19 production shutdowns, so there is a (slim) possibility the show could return in the future. Don't hold your breath. :)

21 - 29 of 29 Posts