Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Is the 50V525 the new version of the 50V500? Is the 50VS810 also new? Does anyone have pricing on the 50V500, V525, and VS810? What are the significant differences between the 3 models?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes the 50V525 is the model replacing the 50V500. the 50V525 is advertised this week at Visions for $2998. But I have yet to see the 50" of this model at any of their stores, However I did see a 42" V525 for $2298

Kerry

·
Registered
4 Posts
screamineagle said:
Yes the 50V525 is the model replacing the 50V500. the 50V525 is advertised this week at Visions for $2998. But I have yet to see the 50" of this model at any of their stores, However I did see a 42" V525 for $2298

Kerry
At my local Future Shop, they are selling the 42V525 for $1999. I got them to a final total if I were to purchase would be $2599 including stand, and 5 year full warranty. Great price.. Apparently they wont bargain with you all that much on the smaller sizes like the 42. I might take that quote back to BB though and see if they can go lower on it...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hitachi 42V525 Review

I was thinking toget this Tv, the price is around $1900 Canadian at visions Price Deal.

anyone have any experiacene with this unit.

Thanks

SKRuB

·
Registered
134 Posts
I haven't seen a review but I saw one the other day. It is ugly in the black for some reason, Id on't know why cause I have the Vs810 which is black, the 50v525 looks cheaper in the black more so than the silver.

·
Registered
20 Posts
60v525

I just purchased a Hitachi 60V525 from Visions Electronics for $3800. This is my 4th Hitachi set and have never gone wrong. I also compared a Samsung HLR6164W and an LG 62SX4D. The Samsung had a great picture with a nice contrast ratio of 2000:1 and at the time it was my first choice of TV. The LG had by far the most features with IEEE-1394 inputs, 2 HDMI, Optical Input/Outputs, built in Digital cable card slot (eliminating need for Digital Set Top boxes) and SD card reader. Despite the LG having the most features and inputs, the picture quality was brutal. The image looked soft with lack of detail and contrast with a ratio of 1500:1. Which is actually quite low in comparison with other DLP TV's. The store was running an HD loop running off component video through a Bell Express VU feed. On stagnent images, the LG lacked the contrast and definition of the Samsung. The test I wanted to run was how the TV's looked in analog. Most stores you walk into have all their HDTV's hooked up to High Definition feeds. Since this is not going to be the regular viewing senarios in 90% of homes, I asked them to hook up a cheapy DVD player to the sets running composite video. The outcome was amazing. The DLP's now looked quite grainy with digital blotches. I was not going to buy a tv anymore, until the salesman recommended me to try out the Hitachi. We ran the same test with the composite cables and BEHOLD, the picture was great!!! Hitachi's employ a Virtual HD circuit that upconverts an analog signal to digital quality. I didnt realize how much a difference software made. I never considered a LCD platform since there were many complaints of a "screen door" effect on the picture. Not an issue for me since I am sitting 20 ft back. At this distance, the effect is very minimal. I also considered the VS810 series (which is now discontinued) but the screen saver would drive me nuts, since the TV is going in a bonus room with too much ambient reflection. The difference between the V series and the VS is that the VS is a higher end model that uses a dual focus light engine that uses advance optics claimed to give you sharper edges and detail. Despite this difference, the V series still looked great to me. I made sure that all tv's I tested were with "out of the box" settings. The only drawback of this set is that it only has 1 HDMI input. A new set called the VG825 series will be out sometime in September with a $500 higher difference in price. Which includes 2 HDMI inputs. Kinda out of my range. Apparently supposed to be a killer set though. Well, this is my choice and I'm sticking to it

·
Registered
6 Posts
Future Shop quoted me $3499

this price is completely ridiculous, but its straight off their computer (there should be a lot of room)

i havent seen the 50V525 displayed or advertised though..
www.thebrick.com has been having online sales recently, but you missed the $2699.99 price by a week. Its up to $2939.99 now and they jacked the price on the stand 100 bucks too :eek:

·
Registered
20 Posts
slobberface said:
Future Shop quoted me $3499

this price is completely ridiculous, but its straight off their computer (there should be a lot of room)

i havent seen the 50V525 displayed or advertised though..
www.thebrick.com has been having online sales recently, but you missed the $2699.99 price by a week. Its up to $2939.99 now and they jacked the price on the stand 100 bucks too :eek:
Future Shop and the Brick does not discount very much at all. If you want a good deal, you should check out Visions. They are much more flexible on pricing. I got my 60V525 for $3800 including an AR HDMI and Component cable.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Drakos said:
Future Shop and the Brick does not discount very much at all. If you want a good deal, you should check out Visions. They are much more flexible on pricing. I got my 60V525 for $3800 including an AR HDMI and Component cable.
ya thats true The Brick is very hard to wiggle, but The Homeshow, which is the same company as The Brick, came down from 2999.99 to 2579 and a $200 stand (from 269)

·
Registered
168 Posts
HI guys,

can somebody tell me what HDMI is ? .... I know this is some sort of input that takes 3 cables and makes them one ( video and 2 channel audio ? )...
but does this have anything to do with getting a computer with a video card with a DVI port on it hooked up to a TV ?

I am looking at the Hitachi 50V500, as on the Futureshop site, it is the only one that has this HDMI ... the Sony WEGAs don't seem to have it ( it's not listed in the spec ? hmm )

I also notice other things like the lack of PIP and other stuff between the Hitachi model and the Sony WEGA 50" model.... some stuff that I wonder if it really makes the Hitachi better ? .... and why Sony would leave it out... like:
"Lenticular Screen" - Sony Wega - "NO"
"Picture In Picture" - Sony WEGA - "NO"

and other stuff...

·
Banned
198 Posts
From what I have seen the xV525 has many fixes and some new features from the xV500 series. I do like the all black look but still think I perfer the all silver finish. Many people seem to not like it but I think it looks fantastic, anyway. I have not seen the new v525 but just reading from the specs and speaking with afew techs it seems to be almost identical to the V500 series just updated and re-designed LE with all the bug fixes from the 500 line. I have had my 50v500a for almost two years and so far so good. I am starting to develop the dreaded red cloud issue on dark screens though. Good thing I have the full 4 year warranty.

·
Registered
6 Posts
FrostyTheBeerman said:
HI guys,

can somebody tell me what HDMI is ? .... I know this is some sort of input that takes 3 cables and makes them one ( video and 2 channel audio ? )...
but does this have anything to do with getting a computer with a video card with a DVI port on it hooked up to a TV ?

I am looking at the Hitachi 50V500, as on the Futureshop site, it is the only one that has this HDMI ... the Sony WEGAs don't seem to have it ( it's not listed in the spec ? hmm )

I also notice other things like the lack of PIP and other stuff between the Hitachi model and the Sony WEGA 50" model.... some stuff that I wonder if it really makes the Hitachi better ? .... and why Sony would leave it out... like:
"Lenticular Screen" - Sony Wega - "NO"
"Picture In Picture" - Sony WEGA - "NO"

and other stuff...
you can use HDMI to input into your computer but you need an HDMI to DVI adaptor...the digital input quality is not lost

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hi guys,

It's strange... I first posted that the Hitachi 50v500 had an HDMI input on the back of the TV, but yesterday, I was on their site, and Futureshop's and BestBuy's site ( Canada ) and don't see the HDMI listed as one of the inputs.... ok maybe I'm going nuts :rolleyes: ... I thought this model had HDMI inputs, but it seems it doesn't.

CAn anyone confirm either way ?

thanks in advance.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts