Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two of my favourite shows, but I don't know when they will be back with the new season.

Anybody know the answer?

·
Super Moderator
16,883 Posts
They were summer series. The Gates was confirmed as canceled on Oct. 15.

From Syfy's October 7 press release:
[Haven] has been renewed for season two. The 13-episode season will commence production on location in Nova Scotia in Spring 2011 with an eye towards a Summer 2011 premiere.

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
re: Gates: :( Too many good actors I love were in that show. Too bad there is no continuation of that series.

re: Haven: I knew it! The town is so Canadian! And yaay of the returning of it.

PS: since you seems to know about Showcase series, do you know when Warehouse 13 will be continued?

·
Super Moderator
16,883 Posts
I don't have any special knowledge about Showcase series. I get most of my info from the U.S. press releases and TV sites.

I don't follow Warehouse 13, but the U.S. schedule has the final episode of season 2 on Dec. 7. (#213 Secret Santa)

From Syfy's October 5 press release:
Buoyed by strong ratings and critical acclaim, Syfy today announced a third season pickup of 13 episodes for its hit dramedy Warehouse 13, which will return in 2011.
Based on past history, I expect season 3 will start July 2011.

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OIC. I didn't even know that they've started (and almost ended) season 2. It's not on the regular time on Showcase and they don't do any kind of advertising on it. The same goes with Sherlock.

I just don't get it. A show with (any kind of) following, but they change the show time and day without any notice. Eeesh!

Thanks for the info anyway!!! :)

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wasn't it shown on Showcase? If not, which Canadian HD channel carry Warehouse 13? Thanks beforehand.

·
Registered
137 Posts
City TV is airing Warehouse 13.They stopped at episode 5 to air some reality show for a bit WH13 came back to City TV a few weeks ago. Don't know if they will get done in time to show the Christmas Special. Yes,they did one. Eureka is getting one too. SyFy is showing those in December.

I waited for Sherlock to come on PBS because I get that in HD but not Showcase.

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yessssssss! Thank you!

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Warehouse 13, Season 3 [HD] (Canadian Premiere) SEPTEMBER 1 on Showcase.
Is it a sign of success when a TV show goes from summer filler to main season time slot?

Of all the shows that have been summer fillers over the last few years, Warehouse 13 is not the one I would have selected to be so promoted!

·
Registered
356 Posts
re: Haven: I knew it! The town is so Canadian!
There was a shot in least one episode last season where they pan across the town harbour. If you look closely, you can see a big ol' Canadian flag flying over this "New England" location. ;)

·
Super Moderator
16,883 Posts
Just a reminder that Haven Season 2 starts next week on Showcase. Season 1 reruns stating tonight on Mystery, Showcase, Diva and possibly IFC. Shaw Media really likes to get the most out of its CanCon. ;)

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you for the reminder! I set all 3 of my PVRs (just in case) right after I read your reminder. Can't wait!

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
As expected, ABC has cancelled The Gates after one season on the air.

The ratings certainly didn’t dictate a second season.

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Quite honestly the show's ending is more powerful to be left as is without a 2nd season (although I was hoping for a 2nd season of that show... Chandra West is... Wow!)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts