Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

161 - 165 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
I still have my PT-53X54 which has been performing flawlessly. I agree the 'film like' quality and deep blacks are a big plus.

Has anyone had to open the unit and dust the CRT lenses at all? Was it much of a procedure? Any tips?

·
Registered
242 Posts

·
Banned
406 Posts
I've opened mine to dust and to focus the lenses. The dusting is quite simple. I think you just need to remove the top shelf as well as all the screws on the back that have an arrow ==> pointing at them.

Keep in mind that the TV can hold a charge even after it's unplugged, so make sure not to touch anything other than the lenses when you open it up. I just used a soft glass cleaning cloth to gently wipe the dust off the top of each lens.

Last time I did this was about 3.5 years ago, so it's a little fuzzy. The set is now sitting in my garage. Haven't got around to selling it yet. (Currently using a Samsung HL-67A750 67" DLP)

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
The set is now sitting in my garage. Haven't got around to selling it yet. (Currently using a Samsung HL-67A750 67" DLP)
Good luck selling it.

I sold my Panny 47" RPTV (47wx52) back in 2008 for $300 worth of electrical supplies when doing my HT room.

P

161 - 165 of 165 Posts