Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I know that Netflix is not available in Canada. However, it seems that there are at least 4 similar Canadian companies.

So far I've found: moviesforme, cineflow, dvdhype and dvdflix.

Has anyone had any experiences with any of them? Is the turnaround time good? Is it easy to get new and popular movies and is the selection good?

Thanks,

LazMan

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Hey lazy man try a search, this one has been done before on several occassions.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
LazMan said:
So far I've found: moviesforme, cineflow, dvdhype and dvdflix.
And then there's www.rentadvd.ca and www.relayrentals.ca

And I'm sure there are more somewhere out there in the Canadian cyberspace. I've been with DVDHype for about 2 months now and I quite enjoy it. They're in Montreal so shipping usually is two days for me.

Shipping to me is fast, but for them to receive what I sent back and acknowledge the receipt on their site seems a bit slow. However, there seem to also be method in their madness. It feels like they purposely hold off sending my next title on the list so they can send me the next fresh new release. All future releases have priority of my list and if something is just a few days from release, DVDHype seems to wait for it instead. So very often I end up with the week's new release before the weekend. And that's what I want. :)

I'm starting to like this new rental medium. Haven't set foot in a rental store ever since (it's out of my way to return the damn movie when I leave for work). I like to get the movie and then take my time to watch it. However, once in a while, you'll end up with all movies being in transit and you got nothing to watch...

·
Registered
12 Posts
ten broadcasting inc.

is setting up a website to do this in canada - fee will be 17.95 a month cdn and it will feature all the movies on netflix and feature adult dvd's as well .. in the us it will only feature adult dvds .. i'll be posting here as soon as our deal is done because HUSTLER TV IS BUYING A US COMPANY ALREADY OPERATING in order to offer the service ... we have been testing systems and it seems to work well ... look for us in january ... i'll post the website here asap - cheers - hustlertv

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.