Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Not from an app, but from the safari browser on the phone.
Just go here and enter your info, same as if you were on a computer.
captured this from my Phone. Simple.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wouldn't have even thought to look for an app to use on my phone, but I looked on the Google Play Store and there's an app called "Digital TV Antennas".

If you're on the road in your RV and jonesing to watch some OTA TV...
THANK YOU!!! This app works perfectly. Glad I still kept my old Android phone. LOL.

·
Registered
344 Posts
RCA, Winegard and Antennas Direct have Android/IOS apps. There are other ones as well.

Be careful trusting your device's accuracy in being a compass. It's just a general tool, point in the direction then fine tune it to the best signal strength.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
RCA, Winegard and Antennas Direct have Android/IOS apps. There are other ones as well.

Be careful trusting your device's accuracy in being a compass. It's just a general tool, point in the direction then fine tune it to the best signal strength.
More like be careful trusting the App accuracy. Looks pretty useless to me...
Forget the useless phone Apps and Go to the source, Rabbitears.info
I assume anyone reading this would know how to use a web browser, since they were able to get here OK.

·
Registered
344 Posts
More like be careful trusting the App accuracy. Looks pretty useless to me...
Forget the useless phone Apps and Go to the source, Rabbitears.info
I assume anyone reading this would know how to use a web browser, since they were able to get here OK.
They are not useless. Just like RabbitEars they give you the coordinates and Map the transmitters.

Where things get a bit sketchy is if you use the device as a compass, as it can be effected by certain things.

It's just another visual tool to use to get you close to a lock then you fine tune your point afterwards.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The app to help you do that is called AntennaWeb. It's really easy to use, and you can either enter the address of the area you are interested in, or the location of your house. The database is very accurate. You can even enter your antenna manufacturer information if you don't know the type of antenna you have to see the directions easily.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.