Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I played a few addictive games on the iPad this week. One where you had to group colored balls to have them pop. Another one you slingshot some birds into obstacles.

Having said that are there any simple yet addictive-like games that I can install via the Software Center. The games number in the hundreds but I am looking for recommendations. A few that I tried either operated at a snails pace or were boring beyond description.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I like Same-Gnome. Aparantly it's been renamed to "Swell Foop" in Lucid and there are reports of it crashing and may not look as good as the original. If you search around you can find instructions on getting the original Same-Gnome in Lucid.

It's a fun game where you have to remove all of the coloured marbles from the screen by clicking on clusters of the same coloured marbles and try to have none left over.

·
Registered
4,459 Posts
kmajongh, there is a nice solitaire package (I have beel playing Yukon the past month, switching to Eagle's Wing).

One I have played with is this train simulator.

·
Super Moderator
11,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I will take a look at those. I played majongh before. A long time ago though.

·
Super Moderator
11,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think my laptop is video-card challenged by those games. But I will give them a try.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Other thing you could do is go to Miniclip.com and run flash games... shouldn't be O/S specific. I haven't tried in Ubuntu but pretty sure they work fine...

·
Super Moderator
11,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cool thanks. I just learned about that site myself. Funny how HTML5 and Flash games are so much better and faster than traditional programs.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts