Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does this antenna belong to the wacky tacky thread or will it be a good substitute for the Eagle Aspen rotator.
"FiveStar Outdoor HD TV Antenna Strongest Up to 200 Miles Long Range with Motorized 360 Degree Rotation, UHF/VHF/FM Radio Infrared Remote Control with Installation Kit and Jpole"

I wired my house when it was being built for a second antenna, running only a single RG6 cable though the ceiling and down an inside wall (Slab construction, no crawl space). I was thinking I could use the same cable for the antenna and rotator with the Eagle Aspen model, but it's no longer available. With my other antenna is on a CM ratator and I have to tweak the direction once in a while to get the fringe stations

Laurie in Ladner BC with 2 roof mounted DB8e's with one on the CM rotator.

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
Does this antenna belong to the wacky tacky thread or will it be a good substitute for the Eagle Aspen rotator.
That type of antenna is already in that thread. It's often called the "150-mile antenna." That's not realistic because line of sight stops at about 70 miles because of the curvature of the earth. It does work, but I wouldn't call it a good substitute; it usually has a short life because of poor design. Tyler the Antenna Man on YouTube doesn't think much of it.
I wired my house when it was being built for a second antenna, running only a single RG6 cable though the ceiling and down an inside wall
You have two choices: Keep buying the same junk antenna over-and-over, or run a control cable for a good rotator.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts