Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
My iPhone went ahead 2 hours instead of just 1! Anyway, a reboot fixed the problem.

I hate the jump forward. I'm so tired....

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
My iPhone was a royal screw-up yesterday.

Don't know if it was Apple or Rogers. I would look at it and it would be old time then new time then old time again. Throughout the day the time would switch back and forth.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Unreal. Especially considering that iOS4.3 dropped a mere days before the change, they had every opportunity to ensure a smooth transition.

I didn't check my iPhones, but the iPad updated without issue.

·
Registered
315 Posts
No problem with our iPhones on Telus in BC.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
My iPhone 3GB on Rogers with iOS 4.3 was just perfect on Sat night/Sunday morning. We were up at the time of the time change, and all went perfectly.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Our iPads transitioned just fine. What I am wondering is if some of the people who are having problems have a different city in their settings? My ipad originally thought I was from Ottawa. Another possibility is that the carriers themselves are screwing up the update or it is an issue with specific models. There has to be more than just a simple ios bug here for it to work for some and not others.

I am not sure how the iPhone works with the network but in the past some phones on Robbers did not update their clocks because the manufacturer offered that code as an optional add on and Robbers refused to pay for it. This is also often why you don't get updated firmware for your phone. Our North American Carriers insist on monkeying with the software to limit features that would cut into their revenue. Apple seems to be getting past a lot of this with the direct ios model.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
My iPad was fine as was our families iPod Touch's.

My iPhone is still screwed up. It now says 1:41pm (it's 2:41pm) so its moved back in time again.

(Yes I have rebooted)

Edit: Yikes I started using it and went back to the main screen and it said 2:42 pm. Then I typed this and it was back at 1:42pm. Again played around with it and it went to 2:43. Set it down and within ten seconds it went to 1:43pm.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
My iPhone was a royal screw-up yesterday.

Don't know if it was Apple or Rogers. I would look at it and it would be old time then new time then old time again. Throughout the day the time would switch back and forth.
Same here!! Thought I was going crazy. I'm with Fido on a 3G.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Strange. I have an iPhone 4 running 4.3 using Rogers and it seemed to update just fine and I didn't notice any flip-flopping.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
cooper83, I'm an iPhone 3GS on Fido. I was totally messed up yesterday on several occasions because I use my phone as a watch. My daughter was angry when I showed up 20 minutes later than I said I would. I check my phone thinking I had lots of time (it had flipped back in time)

I just looked at my phone now 3:55pm, check my mail, and its now 2:55pm so the problem continues.

(Edit: after I posted, it flipped back to 3:56pm)

It seems if I do something (not sure what) on the iPhone, it goes back in time and then resets itself after awhile, perhaps when it connects with a cell tower???

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
So I played with the iPhone and it went back in time. At that point, I went into settings and put it into Airplane Mode (so no 3G or WiFi)

Waited five minutes and the time remained incorrect.

Turned off airplane mode and the time was corrected almost immediately.

Bizarre.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
I had to set the time manually to ensure correct time. This morning I set it to auto mode and it seems to be keeping the correct time thus far. I'm like you - I use my phone as a watch.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
cooper83, lucky you. I just play around with it and it goes back an hour.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
it sounds like there's a mismatch between the time set natively on the iphone, and the time it's reading from the cell tower

certain things call the time natively, some from the cell signal

i'm just guessing, but I bet that's the issue

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Maybe, but hugh's handset flipping back-and-forth on its own is unacceptable in any case.

It could be a carrier issue, but the reports from the US suggest its more than a Rogers issue.

·
Registered
135 Posts
We have an iPhone and Windows Phone on Rogers. Both were fine all day yesterday and during business hours today. I just checked and both our phones are now one hour behind. It doesn't even make sense, since we were on this cell tower all day yesterday.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
it sounds like there's a mismatch between the time set natively on the iphone, and the time it's reading from the cell tower
I've checked my settings for anything time related but everything is fine.

Also it only happened after the time change and I have rebooted.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts