Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just curious to know what other members here think about the worthiness of upgrading/changing from Bold 9000 to iPhone 4.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
You haven't given us enough info to make a recommendation. What do you use your BlackBerry for? Is it for commercial use (for example, in a BES environment) or home use? What do you currently like or dislike about your BlackBerry? Do you rely on BBM and have a solid base of contacts also using it?

In my opinion, without answers to these questions, it's nearly impossible to say whether an upgrade would be worth it. Yes, the iPhone 4 will be faster, has a better display, and has a lot more applications, but if you rely on the physical keyboard or use BlackBerry Messenger a fair bit, it's obvious that those features aren't going to matter.

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
originally, my requirement was fully BBM, all types of messenger and e-mail only so I chose BB. However, lately hotmail.com and davidsusilo.com e-mail retrieval becomes more and more unreliable (sometimes a single e-mail out of a whole bunch can arrive 1 week late) so I need to go to hotmail.com and davidsusilo.com mailserver directly.

Now, using BB, going to those sites are a pain in the @$$ due to the slowness, hence I'm thinking about moving to iPhone 4

In terms of going to other websites... I couldn't care less. If I can access a website quickly (much faster than my Bold 9000) then good, if not, then I just won't access any site like I am right now with my phone.

... or should I just buy the iPhone outright (no contract, full price, but unlocked)

·
Registered
763 Posts
In terms of actually making a switch from BB to iPhone, I think the best is actually having an iPhone available to try for a week or so and see how you like it. Otherwise newer model Blackberrys will be coming that will have webkit based browser (similar to the iPhone's) that will be much better at browsing sites when needed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts