Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
41 - 60 of 220 Posts
I think they did a refresh on everyone's profile. I was at about 380Mbps down and up previously (the 400/350 upgrade didn't kick in for me - have been meaning to mention it to 'em) but now I'm at 467/376. As for the increased upload speed on the other tiers... interesting! Enjoy it while it lasts. If it isn't meant to they'll update the profile and it'll go away.

It kind of looks like those on the 150/30 plan and getting the 80Mbps upload are all in Nova Scotia... interesting - possibly something going on with Eastlink's service that is prompting BellAliant to increase their upload pipe.

OR - they're playing with a sample of customers in NS with an increased upload pipe and might possibly (fingers crossed) roll it out to the rest of Atlantic Canada?

I'm still only getting 30 up here in NB.

I got the upgrade. I got an email from Bell (Aliant) a few weeks ago informing me of this upgrade and that it is no cost to me. Good for downloading huge files and streaming to multiple devices BUT:

Does it make accessing this site or any other site quicker??? NO
Will there be a price increase soon??? YES
@capersx2 - Bridgetown NS is the boonies...in fact Halifax NS is the boonies.

eastlink does not even come close to 30 let alone 80. the fastest they offer is 10. they are upgrading the network but as of right now docsis 3.0 is only capable of a max of 150Mbps upload so unless they upgrade to 3.1 they probably wont want to max out the users at the full 150.

on a side note i was with eastlink for a full 3 hrs and switched back to bell aliant, during super time i was getting 3Mbps on a 40 connection. until they upgrade the nodes they wont be able to compete with bell aliant. sad thing is here in sackville NB eastlink always drags their feet on upgrades. but that's another topic.

I'm (now) on the 100/30 connection, and after having heard of the speed increase I ran a speed test on my MacBook and was only getting around 84/30. This is via Wifi, and previously I was always getting the exact speeds as what was advertised, 75mbps prior to the bump and 50mbps prior to that.

Why no full 100mbps this time? Is the junky generic router not capable of putting through the full bandwidth now?

Well this is my speed in Lincoln. No big jump on the upload side....:(
Speedtest.net by Ookla - My Results
Still getting 200/30 (Tier 4) here in Skyline Acres area in Fredericton. Resetting the FibreOp modem and the Asus RT-N56U didnt change anything. Waiting for Bell Aliant to respond back to the service call. Did you guys have to do anything to get the 300/30 speed?

41 - 60 of 220 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.