Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 220 Posts

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
150/30 and getting exactly that in Fredericton.

Doesn't mean a whole lot, they may be testing it as they've done before.

·
Registered
262 Posts
@capersx2
Don't ya just love seeing people posting about their 200+Mbps connections? :D
Hope you get upgraded soon.. that's gotta be horrid in 2015.. It was when I had those speeds in 1997.

·
Premium Member
6,432 Posts
How about 110 baud modems back in 79? :eek: I have experienced those speeds. People nowadays have no idea what slow was back then.

As for speed increase, I wonder if it's due to Rogers trying to be speedy and offer 250u?

·
Registered
262 Posts
300 baud in mid 80's for me. Yes, that is a whole new definition of "slow". However the data moved in those days were much much smaller. Nothing like watching the text appear across the screen about as fast a a good typist could type.. one letter at a time. :)

·
Registered
467 Posts
AND - you always had the volume on to hear the handshaking and just PRAYED that when it stopped it was because it connected, not because it dropped and you ended up with a dialtone. CompuServe anyone?

·
Registered
234 Posts
I never understood their reasoning for only bumping 175/30 to 200/30. If this speed bump is true then they should've done this in the first place. They probably lost a ton of money since lots of people downgraded because the speed given wasn't worth the cost.

Speaking of downgrading, My speed below is the speed I've been getting since I called to downgrade to 150/30 when they first rolled out the speed increases:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I thought maybe they might be bumping the 200/30 up to 225 to bring it more in line with the FibreOp 3.0 upgrades the other tiers received.

I never understood their reasoning for only bumping 175/30 to 200/30. If this speed bump is true then they should've done this in the first place. They probably lost a ton of money since lots of people downgraded because the speed given wasn't worth the cost.

Speaking of downgrading, My speed below is the speed I've been getting since I called to downgrade to 150/30 when they first rolled out the speed increases:

Interesting - looks like they never actually removed the provisions from your account :)

I've been thinking of downgrading - 150/30 is plenty for me and nothing I do will saturate the connection. Certainly not worth the extra $200/year.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I've been thinking of downgrading - 150/30 is plenty for me and nothing I do will saturate the connection. Certainly not worth the extra $200/year.
Agreed. I did just that a while back and haven't missed it a bit. Nicely offsets the recent price hike too.

·
Registered
44 Posts
For the lucky individuals who have or want to get The FibreOp 400/350 plan, you'll be happy to no that now you got a boost to 450/350.

Just went to the BA website and noticed it.

So again, enjoy, and let's hope we see some other plans increase as well :)

·
Premium Member
6,432 Posts
What is the equivalent for the competition in NB? Does ROGERS have anything that close? Last time we got an increase was to stay ahead of the competition.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Rogers doesn't, the speed increase was to combat Eastlink who maxed out at 400Mbps (although I'm unsure if someone could actually get that... but who knows).

·
Premium Member
6,432 Posts
So with that in mind, I guess we won't get any increase in NB since we don't have Eastlink.

1 - 20 of 220 Posts