Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my latest bill from Shaw along with the cable TV increases, Shaw has raised the cost of their high speed internet by $2 per month.

It just doesn't stop with Shaw. Loyalty from the customer earns you steady price increases. Time to get ruthless shopping for alternatives.

·
Registered
478 Posts
It sounds like half the forum has already switched to telus, with optik.

actually i just switched, too... and one of shaw's "warnings" about telus was that the contract doesn't protect you from fee increases... to which i replied "shaw doesn't even have contracts, so neither do you guys, and you are increasing, september 1st" .... the silence was deafening, hahaha.

nathan

·
Registered
338 Posts
Not only is Optik the same speed for $10 less than Shaw Xtreme, the 25Mbps option (if available in your area) is apparently only $13 more ($50) compared to Shaw Nitro which is $96. Yes it's a two-year contract, but you GET AN XBOX 360 :D. I only have one TV in my condo and I won't be using the net at the same time, even if I was I hear a single hd feed doesn't affect the speed much. Not to mention it's pretty much a gauranteed 15Mbps all the time since the connection isn't "shared" with the rest of your neighborhood thats hooked up to the same node. Shaw didn't make any effort to keep me on so off to Telus I go.

·
Registered
48 Posts
This is the opposite of being competitive. I know of 4 familes (including my own) who have switched from Shaw to Telus Optik in the last couple months, and Shaw continues garbage like this. I noticed their TV package prices have increased by $2 as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts