Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My four year accidentally deleted the 3 angry bird apps off my Itouch. Its actually very easy to do. Question I have is when the games are copied back on will the progress be restored with it. Its taken probably hundreds of hours to complete the levels. Any tips or tricks before attempting.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I can help you with preventing this problem in the future. You can set your iPod touch so that apps can't be deleted. Go to Settings>General>Restrictions>then where it says 'Deleting Apps' turn that OFF! Anyone with young kids should do this. While you're in Restrictions you might also want to turn off 'In-App Purchases'. Just FYI, you can also set it to limit the volume if you let your kids listen with headphones. Settings>iPod>Volume Limit

I believe if you restore the iPod to factory settings then restore it to your latest back-up, that should work, assuming you've recently backed it up. BUT, I think you'd be better off getting advice from someone else, as I'm not positive about this...

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Best option is hope you have a recent backup and then restore.

Backups contain all the info.I recently transferred my son's backup from an old iPod touch to a new one and everything was there on the restore.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
When an app is deleted, it also deletes all the "data" associated with that app - which includes, in the case of Angry birds, all your "progress". :(

As stated, your only hope is to restore from a backup, but that means losing data for other apps used between the last backup and now. :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts