Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Re Angry Birds, Mail etc

Is there an announcement somewhere giving particulars of these "coming" apps?

I purchase a Playbook a couple of days ago and while I like the size and physical structure of the device I find it very short of usable apps, while some of those it has, e.g. Sheets to Go are basically unusable. Also it has little if any documentation, despite all the "videos" offered they are mostly superficial. The Playbook seems to have potential down the road but I'm not sure I can wait till RIM manages to get it's act together. Seems to me to be a rather half-baked device as it at presently exists. I'm trying to decide whether to hold on or to return it to the dealer within the allowed time.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
So for those considering a playbook, does the announcement that Angry Birds "is coming" sway you in that direction?
There's a lot to like with the Playbook, but until they get those "must see" apps (productivity and games like Angry Birds) actually released and available, they're fighting an uphill-into-the-wind-with-a-flat-tire-dragging-a-piano battle against the entrenched iOS and Android ecosystems.

·
Registered
24,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As stated in other threads, the Android support comes out this summer.

I'm happy with the apps that exist today. Of course I expect many more to come out over time. I have what I need, everything else is nice to haves. I'm using this every day and I'm happy.

Can live without Angry Birds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts