Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,996 Posts
Interesting. I also use a task killer, but only to check what's running in the background or to close apps that are frozen.

I've found that my Nexus One does a much better job of memory management since I upgraded to Froyo.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the task killer was esential on my windows phone running 2.1 on the SD card as the android port was not 100% stable. :)

But this article makes alot of sence i have removed task killer from my desire..

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
I had one when I first got the N1 but soon after took it off and by only putting on a reasonable amount of apps and by restarting the phone daily, I don't have problems and don't see a need personally for one.

·
Registered
303 Posts
From a programming perspective, using the "Back" key from the main screen of an application does kill it. If you don't want that to happen, you pretty much have to intercept the "key down" and offer a "Do you really want to quit?".

Using the "Home" key does keep the application in memory, with the OS able to stop/restart it as memory is needed...

·
Registered
5,463 Posts
I haven't ever used an app killer on my N1 and it generally only gets rebooted if I'm doing a ROM upgrade or backup.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Makes pretty good sense. I was using advanced task killer before but after reading this article I uninstalled and installed the system panel one that they recommended and it is much better with some neat options.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts