Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
I was wondering when that would happen, just a little surprised it happened so soon. With Android taking increased share, MS trying to take a major share and Apple's continued dominance, it is inevitable that a couple of existing companies get squeezed out of the marketplace.

·
Banned
328 Posts
You would think that MS phones would have gone up with the launch of WP7 and their aggresive ad campaigns. Hard to believe they lost 1.3% and fell to 7.7%.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Bye Bye blackberry, nice knwoing you.. is it just me or is Blackberry the Sllloowwest mobile company on the planet
HTC puts out a new phone every week it seems.. and when Blackberry does put ouyt a phone(Torch) its specs are last generation, brutal.
I currently own the torch and its painfully slow.. i am looking to upgrae as soon as the iphone 5 comes out as long as our comapny approves it..

So we can expect a new BB when? Q3/11? lol, laughable..

·
Registered
160 Posts
Yea but that phone sets the satndard for what all other phones try to be. Granted Blackberry does have some great features and i do think they have a great platform but they are letting the rest of the competition gain while they sit back and hang on to there enterprise customers..
Don't get me wrong, I am a BB supproter, it just frustrates me to only have 2nd generation phones availble to me , while the guy beside me has cutting edge stuff for the same price..

The torch should have come about 2 years ago to be relevant

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
The WSJ recently coined the phrase Research in Slow Motion.. Ouch!

RIM is a great company, but they've clearly been asleep at the switch for the past few years. I think their product managment team needs a serious rejigging to prevent their brand from shrinking any further.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts