Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....no surprise....Lone Star is dead, according to Zap it.

FOX confirms to Zap2it that "Lone Star" is "being removed off the schedule ... at this point in time." No new date or time has been announced, so it is safe to say that "Lone Star" is canceled..

·
Registered
725 Posts
That probably explains why Shaw's guide for Global for the last 2 monday primetime slots were TBA, although I just checked and it shows Lone Star next monday. My brother almost missed "House" last week because of that.

·
Banned
296 Posts
Following Lone Star's cancellation...

- FOX moves Lie To Me season 3 premiere from Wed November 10th to Monday October 4th.
- FOX moves Human Target season 2 premiere from Friday October 1st to Wed November 17.
- Reruns of House will fill up the friday 8pm schedule on FOX.
- FOX schedules a 2-hour episode of Hell's Kitchen for Wed November 10th.

- Global also replaces Lone Star by Lie To Me on mondays.
- Since CTV simulcasts Human Target and it's now out of the schedule, CTVgm moves Medium to CTV in simulcast over CBS this friday at 8pm. Note that the season premiere of Medium last week has NOT aired on CTV nor /A\.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Lonestar was highly acclaimed by critics, which is why Global called it the best new show. Obviously the hype didn't translate to people watching.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Bad name choice may have had something to do with it, IMHO. I had no desire to watch a show about a restaurant, or another kung fu texas ranger clone.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Yeah, My Generation deserves to be axed. What would make for a great documentary movie doesn't necessarily make for a good weekly TV show. I kinda enjoyed the pilot episode, but when it finished, I knew I wasn't going to keep watching it.

cheers,
supervij

·
Premium Member
6,432 Posts
Not really. It went from Friday to a Wednesday. I just hope the Good Guys doesn't die like oh so many Friday shows on FOX.

·
Premium Member
6,432 Posts
The Good Guys were scheduled to be shown on Friday. It looks like FOX yanked it out and put a House rerun. Guess it has died.

·
Premium Member
6,432 Posts
When I checked on my ROGERS ipg in NB, it was 2 House programs in a row. That was yesterday, I didn't check today.

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
I like Smits' work but thought he was miscast in Outlaw. The show probably would have worked better with different casting. There are a lot of big name actors in this year's crop of new shows. Some seem to fit the part, others don't. Well known names are good to draw instant audiences but can work against a show if they don't fit the part or salaries are too high.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts