Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Research In Motion has sold a quarter of a million of its Playbook tablets since they went on sale in April, according to an analyst report.

RBC Capital Markets said in a research note for clients that sales of the tablet computer have been steady since it was released on 19 April and are on target to reach half a million by the end of the quarter.

This, it added, will make it a better seller than the Android-based Motorola Xoom, however it is likely to pale next to the 15 million Ipads that Apple sold in its first three quarters and the 4.69 million it sold in its last quarter.

Best Buy, the barn-like consumer electronics store, has sold around 14 per cent of its inventory of the 16GB unit, 71 per cent of the 32GB version and 84 per cent of the 64GB model, again according to the analysts.

from here

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I've seen a few floating around town here lately, and the GF has mentioned she wants one to go with her blackberry

·
Registered
6,338 Posts
I have had a PB for a week and I have had an iPad for over a year. The PB is better for security and corporate email, for everything else the iPad is superior.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can certainly understand the PB is superior for email because of Blackberry pushing out email but how so for security?

·
Registered
6,338 Posts
Because you can't easily store apps on the PB - they are only stored on the BB. To be honest this is not just a security feature it is pain in the ass. If someone emails you a file you can open it and browse it on the PB but you can't save it on the PB. You can use the BB to save it to your BB and then use the Bridge Files app on the PB to open the app. Therefore there is no way to browse documents when you don't have a Bluetooth connection between the PB and the BB.

I wonder how you are supposed to use the BB+PB on an airplane given that you aren't supposed to have Bluetooth turned on while on a plane?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts