Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I presently have a 30 channel + TMN subscription. With the all too frequent Videotron rate increases and them recently dropping channels (YTV CMT) on analog TV, my goal is to gradually phase them out until I can get FibeTV. My question is... If I drop my subscription down to 20 a la carte channels will I lose some classic analog channels? There seems to be two tiers of analog service (with the higher tier including Fox CNN etc). If I downgrade my service, will Videotron actually bother sending a tech to install a blocker for these channels?

·
Registered
57 Posts
According to what I know with videotron, you won't "loose" any analog channels, they will just start nickle and dimeing you, don't forget you already pay just for the "privilege" of having HD, they will charge you extra outlets (6-10$ more per month). Either that or they will cut classic altogether on your basic. You think you're being overcharged with the price increase? wait till you try to downgrade your service ;)

·
Registered
700 Posts
Ur-too crazy; I did that a few months ago; switched from 30 to 20 à la carte channels. You lose the 'Telemax portion' of the analog cable package. You will still have the 4 major US channels (including FOX). They will not charge you for extra outlets, unless you have them install new ones. If you have old splitters (< 1 GHz), they will also install new ones for you for free. It took them 4 months to install the filter blocker, but I switched in the middle of the winter and my post is not easily accessible.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts