Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn't a huge fan of Family Guy, but I have to say that I just loved American Dad, and look forward to the new episodes in May.

My favorite part was when the (CIA employee) father brings home a 19-year-old half-dead dog for his son, and defends his decision for not getting a younger dog by saying: "Hey, this Dog has character. He was around for the Reagan administration, so he knows how things are supposed to be".

·
Registered
848 Posts
I'm a casual fan of Family Guy. Some of the humour is laugh out loud funny, some is chuckles and some falls flat. I found the same with American Dad which has a feel of a reshuffled Family Guy characters. The bit you mentioned I found the funniest too. Much like FG I'll probably watch AD when I remember it's on but won't go out of my way to watch it.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I thought that it was really funny. But the resemblence to Family Guy is undeniable. I wonder if there will be room for both AD and the new FG?

·
Registered
957 Posts
I thought the show was terrible and found myself changing the channel within the first two minutes. Family Guy is a much better show then this one and when it comes back in may, I don't see it getting picked up for another year yet alone lasting a month.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Seth included a scene/clip/featurette from American Dad on the Family Guy: The Freakin' Sweet Collection DVD. It was alright but I didn't feel it, it's like he created because Fox cancelled Family Guy and created a "PG-13" of Family Guy (?)

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
I thought AD was 'alright' but it needs improvement. It'll probably get better later on as, in my opinion, FG did.

·
Registered
6,315 Posts
I was more pumped that Familyu Guy is coming back, on FOX, with all new episodes on May 1. This one is good, but not up to FG standards yet. They didn't go enough into story about the family. I'll watch it just the same.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I completely agree with the usa/today article. It was like someone transplanted the brains from all of the characters from FG to AD.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
When the creator of The Simpsons developed and produced Futurama that show may have had the same look that was inspired from its predecessor but, it had a different feel to it. It wasn't trying to be a Simpsons clone and tried to do something new and innovative.

American Dad is too much like a carbon copy of Family Guy. It was almost like watching the same show but, only with slightly different characters. The delivery of the jokes were almost virtually identical in the way that they were conveyed to the audience.

I found American Dad not to be a bad show but, it was mediocre because I have seen it before when it was called Family Guy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts