Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a quick question for everyone. I live in Kindersley, SK and I have Access Communications cable SD. I've been having an issue with AMC (channel 43). I love the Walking Dead and that is the only channel it comes on. The channel is overly dark and the reds are a bit over saturated. I'm not having this problem with any other channel and I've tried changing all the settings on my television, but it really isn't helping. Customer Service told me to try and auto tune my TV, which I did, but it didn't change anything. I don't really want to make an appointment for a visit from a tech...

When I watch the Walking Dead, a lot of the scenes are pitch black. I can't seen anything at all. I'm looking at a black screen with sound. I've watched it on a a friend's TV and it's fine, so it might just be me. I was wondering if anyone else has this problem?

Thanks!
Dhaken666

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hi Dhaken - It might be interference if there are problems with all the shows on AMC. Do you have problems with black levels on any other channels? What kind of TV is it? CRT or flat screen? I would consider getting a tech in to check the DB level on that channel. Are any other channels fuzzy or ones cutting in or out?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have any troubles with any other channels. Everything I try to watch on AMC is too dark. I have a flat screen...it's a lower end model, but nothing else seems to have the problem, so I don't think it's my television. I may have to get a tech to check it out, but my problem is making the appointment. I never know when I work like two or three days ahead of time.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Did you get a tech to check it out? I forgot do you have a digital box hooked up to your TV? If that channel is offered on basic analog I would unhook the box and see if it looks the same without the box. Just a thought.

Zack

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unfortunately I haven't had time to get a tech in yet, but I was thinking of just switching my standard box to a PVR one anyway. And I don't get anything when I unhook the box!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts