Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
81 - 100 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
AMC plus only includes the top 20 from shudder,Sundance and IHC.Not the full programming from those services.
I do not know about the Shudder titles, but every series that i ever wanted to watch on Sundance Now is available through AMC+. Definitely more than 20, I suspect the majority of the series titles. They are not separated and identified as Sundance Now titles. I am still enjoying the free trial, but for my tastes there is little else of interest beyond the Sundance Now titles. It seems that the titles that are exclusive to AMC+ and not aired on TV are more often than not available in Canada.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I noticed an odd thing about how some of the titles are organized. Many of them show in two different places on Amazon Prime. One example is Creepshow, a Shudder title. In one place, it says “only available with Shudder subscription”, but if one accesses it through the “series” icon under AMC+, all episodes are indeed available.

I have no idea why they would have organized it this way, with many Shudder series and movies being shown as only available with a Shudder subscription if accessed through the wrong tab, but if one accesses it under the correct AMC tab, the show is available after all.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I suspect that all of the titles form Shudder, Sundance Now etc. that AMC has Canadian rights to is on the AMC+ stream, but because it is available only as an addon channel they did not spend a lot of time or money organizing the titles.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Amazon is having a huge Black Friday Deal on add on channels up; 85% off or 99 cents/mo. for 2 mos. This price even includes Stack TV which is normally 12.99 and Super Channel which is 9.99 per month. I definitely will be taking advantage of this offer to watch the BritBox series on my list, as it has never been included in the deals up to this point.
Past promos of this type must have been successful because all of the add-ons are participating this time around. I myself signed up for PBS promo the last time around and I am still subscribed.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Amazon is having a huge Black Friday Deal on add on channels up; 85% off or 99 cents/mo. for 2 mos. This price even includes Stack TV which is normally 12.99 and Super Channel which is 9.99 per month. I definitely will be taking advantage of this offer to watch the BritBox series on my list, as it has never been included in the deals up to this point.
Past promos of this type must have been successful because all of the add-ons are participating this time around. I myself signed up for PBS promo the last time around and I am still subscribed.
PBS seems to have a terrific list of shows, are they all free once subscribed or do you have to pay extra for some shows as I believe you have to with Apple.
I've seen a lot and have dvds of quite a few but there are at least half a dozen that I would like to see.

·
Super Moderator
20,968 Posts
PBS seems to have a terrific list of shows, are they all free once subscribed or do you have to pay extra for some shows as I believe you have to with Apple.
I've seen a lot and have dvds of quite a few but there are at least half a dozen that I would like to see.
My guess is the PBS shows available through Amazon Prime Channels are the same as the ones available to PBS members. PBS streaming available to Canadian donors

The shows that you have to pay for through Apple TV are probably not licensed in Canada by PBS, so you're either renting or buying through iTunes.

You can go to www.primevideo.com/storefront/channels/ref=atv_nb_sf_ch and scroll down to PBS to see the programs available. You can also search for a specific title, just be sure that it's available through the PBS add-on.

·
Registered
128 Posts
@bluedrongo, yes all of the shows on PBS are free, and they add several new series. Series like Grantchester and Baptste were added by episode as they aired on PBS. All others are complete seasons. The curated international streaming service Walter Presents is a separate service in some countries but is part of the PBS streaming service in Canada. I have watched several of the foreign series and some are outstanding. I can make recommendations if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
440 Posts
My guess is the PBS shows available through Amazon Prime Channels are the same as the ones available to PBS members. PBS streaming available to Canadian donors

The shows that you have to pay for through Apple TV are probably not licensed in Canada by PBS, so you're either renting or buying through iTunes.

You can go to www.primevideo.com/storefront/channels/ref=atv_nb_sf_ch and scroll down to PBS to see the programs available. You can also search for a specific title, just be sure that it's available through the PBS add-on.
I scrolled through the Amazon Prime PBS offerings before I posted, that's where I saw the $ signs but wasn't sure if that just meant you had to subscribe to PBS.

·
Registered
440 Posts
@bluedrongo, yes all of the shows on PBS are free, and they add several new series. Series like Grantchester and Baptste were added by episode as they aired on PBS. All others are complete seasons. The curated international streaming service Walter Presents is a separate service in some countries but is part of the PBS streaming service in Canada. I have watched several of the foreign series and some are outstanding. I can make recommendations if anyone is interested.
Thanks for your reply and I for one would be interested in some recommendations.

·
Registered
856 Posts
I dropped PBS Passport for the Masterpiece Channel on Prime and couldn’t be happier. I discovered many programs on Passport weren’t available to Canadians. I was delighted to find complete seasons on Prime’s channel. For example, I enjoyed Season 1 of Seaside Hotel on Passport, but was able to watch Seasons 2 through 8 on Masterpiece Prime. In addition, there are lots of great choices from Walter Presents. You can find recommendations in a Facebook Group.

Reactions: Dr.Dave

·
Registered
856 Posts
There’s a short term Black Friday deal where the Amazon Prime channels are only 99 cents a month for 2 months! After that, full price, but you can cancel anytime.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I dropped PBS Passport for the Masterpiece Channel on Prime and couldn’t be happier. I discovered many programs on Passport weren’t available to Canadians. I was delighted to find complete seasons on Prime’s channel. For example, I enjoyed Season 1 of Seaside Hotel on Passport, but was able to watch Seasons 2 through 8 on Masterpiece Prime. In addition, there are lots of great choices from Walter Presents. You can find recommendations in a Facebook Group.
Thanks for the information.
I am not part of facebook, so no recommendations there for me.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Thanks for your reply and I for one would be interested in some recommendations.
My two favorites so far are the Norwegian series Witch Hunt and the original Belgian series Professor T (3 seasons).
The British version pales in comparison. The original series is has such great character development of the secondary characters and so much humor, both of which are totally lacking in the British knockoff. If you are a fan of quirky characters, you will grow to love these characters. With Hunt is the story of a woman who is CFO of a law firm and a suspicious invoice crosses her desk which traces back to illegal activities within her firm. She tries to report this to her superiors , but things just keep getting worse and worse with ties to government officials. This is one of the the best series I have watched this year. The Australian series Halifax Retribution features Anthony LaPaglia and Claudia Karvan in a different type of role for her. Before We Die is really suspenseful, but I am ony part way thriugh the first season.

·
Registered
440 Posts
The Australian series Halifax Retribution features Anthony LaPaglia and Claudia Karvan in a different type of role for her. Before We Die is really suspenseful, but I am ony part way thriugh the first season.
Oh thanks for the recommendations. My list is growing.
I didn't realize Claudia Karvan was in Halifax Retribution, Rebecca Gibney is getting a lot of work. Not sure I saw any of the original series.
Anthony LaPaglia is an old favourite of mine too.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Oh thanks for the recommendations. My list is growing.
I didn't realize Claudia Karvan was in Halifax Retribution, Rebecca Gibney is getting a lot of work. Not sure I saw any of the original series.
Anthony LaPaglia is an old favourite of mine too.
I don't think I ever saw any of the original Halifax series either, unless my memory if failing me. However, the fact that I knew the star was Rebecca Gibney makes me think I may have seen a few episodes at some point in the past. This series tells a whole new story so it is easy to follow. One of my favourite Anthony LaPaglia roles is in the Australian movie Lantana, which also stars Geoffrey Rush. It is such a great movie about marriage, relationships with a mystery thrown in that did not get the attention it deserves, probably because it was not a North American movie.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I don't think I ever saw any of the original Halifax series either, unless my memory if failing me. However, the fact that I knew the star was Rebecca Gibney makes me think I may have seen a few episodes at some point in the past. This series tells a whole new story so it is easy to follow. One of my favourite Anthony LaPaglia roles is in the Australian movie Lantana, which also stars Geoffrey Rush. It is such a great movie about marriage, relationships with a mystery thrown in that did not get the attention it deserves, probably because it was not a North American movie.
John Waters is also in HR, he's a very old favourite too although I haven't seen him in anything recently. I actually have a dvd copy of Lantana, I have a pretty big Australian tv series and movie collection.
Did you see Rebecca Gibney in Wanted, or Packed to the Rafters? I didn't see it until a year or so ago but really enjoyed it. Easy to watch and veg out with. All 6 seasons still on Amazon Prime.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Greetings Everyone,
I have subscribed to Global's Stack TV and have no other TV provider. I only use an Amazon Fire TV Stick and TekSavvy as an internet service provider "I.S.P." With Globals Stack TV my family gets all we desire for television. With exception to being able to log into Global TV recent shows. Global doesn't accept my login credentials because I don't subscribe to Teksavvy's TV stations.
Can anyone help me get in touch with Global TV customer service? I am paying over $12 (Twelve Dollars) for their Stack TV and don't feel I should be forced to purchase additional channels.
Any help would be deeply appreciated.
Thank you, Cheers, Doug MacLean

·
Registered
11,159 Posts
If Stack TV was purchased through Amazon Prime then it is accessed through the Prime Video app. Stack TV should be listed under Prime TV Channels in the app. Many recent shows should be there for the Stack TV channels. Channels can also be watched live.

I recently subscribed to Stack TV and I must say I'm not impressed. Forcing viewers to watch commercials in addition to paying $12/mo is not a good time or good value. I'm not aware of any other streaming services that charge that much and force commercials on paying customers. It's history at the end of the month.

81 - 100 of 139 Posts