Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
The over-promotion on the prime website is frustrating. I don't want to know what I could watch if I subscribed to extra channels. I want to know what I can watch with my current subscription.

Same thing goes with Crave. They don't filter out the HBO+ and other premium content.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Over promotion is also my concern....press the wrong button and zap 30 days free then if forgotten comes a bill in the mail. A desperate move by Corus to save Global TV and a number of Speciality Channels...not sure it will work. I suppose younger viewers are not familiar with older TV shows....most are really not worth rewatching but give it a shot. Would expect a lot of changes over the next year or two: then we will see who really wants to stay in "broadcast television" Bell and Rogers will fight to the last dollar as long as the CRTC stays in their pocket...perhaps a change in October will shed a new light.

·
Registered
971 Posts
It's really disappointing to hear that Corus has ads on the on demand portion of their Stack TV service. I can understand the live TV portion having ads, but having ads during the on demand part of this service makes me feel that the asking price is far too high. Thank you, pinto, for confirming this.

Even Bell does better with their Crave TV service, since there are no ads on the on demand portion of that service.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I will say the picture quality on the live channels is very good. I also didn't realize before I checked it out that many global stations from the east to west coast are included. You can time shift the global network. I don't watch much network TV anymore but if I did I would be poking around for a cloud based or software PVR for the Nvidia Shield.

·
Registered
243 Posts
@Dr.Dave Well another day brings another change to the service.

Yesterday, general 15 sec ads at the beginning of on demand shows. Gone!!

A 30 mins show will have 3 breaks inserted during the program but nothing at the start other than the standard rating.. G, PG etc., a 60 min show up to 5. Breaks are now 30 seconds and promote other shows on other channels and the Global network. You can pause during the break, but not FF or REW.

This is both on the smart tv and through the Nvidia Shield.

If they keep this format, the cable box will go back and I will hook the antenna back up ;)

·
Registered
243 Posts
Chatting about the Stack TV service (Corus) now on Prime, both live and on demand channels. Think it's 13.99/month. Trying the free trial right now to see what it is like.

·
Super Moderator
16,401 Posts
Stack TV is $12.99/month for 12 Corus channels.

@pinto the new ad load sounds the same as the On Demand when you subscribe through a TV provider - a short promo in place of the regular commercial break.

·
Registered
8,592 Posts
They want $12.99/month and they show adds/promos. That's got to be the worst value in an OTT service ever. I can't see many cord cutters jumping on this package. It's not like they have much in the way of 'must see TV' either. Bell/Crave grabs most of that.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I see there is two live channels missing from Hollywood Suite. The 80’s & 90’s channels are gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
172 Posts
Now down to just the 70’s channel. The other three are gone off the Prime app on Apple TV. They are all still there on the app through my phone however. I’ll probably just cancel Hollywood Suite before the free month is up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 - 54 of 54 Posts