Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
321 - 340 of 352 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
The highly anticipated, yet-to-be titled Amazon Original The Lord of the Rings television series will premiere Friday, September 2, 2022 on Prime Video in more than 240 countries and territories worldwide, with new episodes available weekly. Filming of Season One just completed today in New Zealand. (Source)

·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
William Shatner‘s trip to space on Blue Origin will be documented in the new Amazon special Shatner in Space, premiering on Dec. 15 in the U.S., Canada, UK, Australia, and New Zealand. Other territories will be added in early 2022. (Deadline)

----

Season 4 of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel will air over four weeks, with two episodes arriving every Friday beginning February 18. (Deadline)

·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
Amazon And MGM Close $8.5 Billion Merger .
  • In terms of production, Amazon is excited by MGM’s slate and doesn’t anticipate changes in release dates or on projects that are in progress.
  • Amazon is not planning to make all MGM content exclusive to Prime Video.
  • On theatrical, Amazon intends to continue supporting theatrical release, not as a one-size-fits-all proposition but something to be determine case by case.
  • There are no plans to make changes to the Bond franchise.

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
Claire Foy And Paul Bettany Fail To See Eye-To-Eye In Eventful New Trailer For ‘A Very British Scandal’ | ETCanada.com

Prime Video just revealed when fans can expect to see “A Very British Scandal”.
The streaming service confirmed the series would drop on April 22 and released a brand new trailer on Tuesday.
Prime Video: A Very British Scandal

From the creators of A Very English Scandal, A Very British Scandal focuses on the divorce of the Duke and Duchess of Argyll, one of the most notorious, extraordinary and brutal legal cases of the 20th Century.
There is a preview page on Amazon Prime Canada (above link) but I am not certain that means the series will be available there.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Claire Foy And Paul Bettany Fail To See Eye-To-Eye In Eventful New Trailer For ‘A Very British Scandal’ | ETCanada.com

Prime Video: A Very British Scandal

There is a preview page on Amazon Prime Canada (above link) but I am not certain that means the series will be available there.
When season 2 was announced for Prime, it included Canada (see link below) Unfortunately season 1, which is excellent, has only been available for streaming on OutTV in Canada. CBC aired it, but does not have streaming rights for CBC Gem.

Claire Foy & Paul Bettany To Headline A Very English Scandal Season 2 – Deadline

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
E-mail from Amazon this afternoon:

Dear Prime Member,

Thank you for being a valued member of Amazon Prime. We are writing to you about an upcoming change to your membership.

As of April 8, 2022, the price of the annual Prime membership has increased from $39 to $49, plus applicable taxes. The new price will apply to your renewal on XXX, 2022.

This is the first price increase since we launched Prime in Canada in 2013 and since then we have continued to invest in making Prime even more valuable for our members. In the last few years, Amazon has added more product selection available with fast, free, unlimited Prime shipping; and earlier this year we began offering free One-Day Delivery for millions of items with no minimum purchase to most cities and towns across Canada. In addition to new selection and faster delivery, Prime Video has tripled the number of Amazon Original series and movies in the past few years, including Amazon Original series like The Boys, Reacher, and, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. Later this year, Amazon will debut the Canadian Amazon Original series, The Kids in the Hall, and in September, will release the highly anticipated The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power.

No further action is required. You may manage your Prime membership anytime by visiting Your Account.

Sincerely,
Your Prime Team

·
Registered
10,437 Posts
That doesn't sound right. The annual prime membership in Canada was $79.00. The new price is $99.00. After hearing about the increase in the US I purchased an annual membership to get ahead of the Canadian announcement.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Honestly, I’m not surprised, and I received a similar email, but my email indicated a price increase from $79 to $99. Are you a student by any chance, hence the lower rates quoted in your email?

The rates went up in the USA a few months back, so it was more or less inevitable that they would be raised in Canada as well. I lucked out a little, since my annual membership renewed in February, so I won’t actually see the increase until next February.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I went to annual mainly for free shipping but there are a couple of series I enjoy. Most is junk in my opinion.
Anyway any increase in the next little while will lead to cancel on my part. I will then get a month and view and order and cancel.

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
Amazon Orders Series Based on Real-Life Maple Syrup Heist – The Hollywood Reporter

Amazon’s Prime Video announced a new comedy series inspired by a real-life maple syrup heist.

Titled The Sticky, the project is being produced through the company’s Canadian originals division and is based on a 2011 robbery of more than $18 million Canadian dollars of Quebec’s national maple syrup reserves (which represent more than 70 percent of the global maple syrup supply).
It was just a couple of weeks ago that the Supreme Court of Canada ruled that one of the men [Richard Vallières] behind the notorious maple syrup heist in Quebec will have to pay a $9.1-million fine.

Vallières has 10 years to pay the fine, failing which he will serve an additional six years in prison. He is currently serving an eight-year sentence.
Good luck collecting on that.

Maple syrup thief must pay $9.1M fine, Supreme Court rules | CBC News

321 - 340 of 352 Posts