Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

301 - 310 of 310 Posts

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
Well i just signed into prime video on my android smart phone and it welcomed me to the profiles feature. Created one for wife, myself and one for the kids. Wish me luck

·
Registered
935 Posts
Finally! Checked my account today and profile creation was there. Created those for household members and then briefed them to only use their profile while watching, in whichever device they watch. Hope it works as well as Netflix.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Profiles finally showed up on my Fire TV Stick 4K today, but not on my Apple TV. I won’t bother with this feature, since I’m the only viewer in my household, but at least it’s there.

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
Prime video Profiles finally showed up on my parents samsung smart tv and westinghouse roku TV. Pretty sweet.

·
Super Moderator
17,489 Posts
The first three episodes of Season Five of The Expanse premiere Dec. 16 on Amazon Prime Video, with new episodes available each Wednesday following, culminating in an epic season finale on February 3, 2021. (Source)

·
Registered
935 Posts
I guess The Mandalorian started the trend in streaming of releasing the episodes weekly instead of the whole season at once.

·
Registered
9,179 Posts
From what I've seen, dropping an entire series on the same date has mostly been a Netflix phenomenon. They release so much content that they can probably do so without hurting their bottom line. Amazon may have done the same in the past. Most other services release so few original series that they need to retain subscribers and stretch subscriptions as long as possible. People could wait until the final episode airs and then binge, of course, but that may not happen with highly anticipated titles.

I only subscribe to streaming services a month or two at a time then cancel when I run out of new titles. Amazon video typically only gets activated around Prime Day and Black Friday when there are other benefits to subscribing.

·
Super Moderator
17,489 Posts
Amazon Studios today announced it has ordered a sixth and final season of The Expanse, in advance of the fifth season, which will premiere December 16th on Amazon Prime Video in more than 240 countries and territories worldwide. (Source)

301 - 310 of 310 Posts