Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

281 - 300 of 310 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
I'm on Android and I just got the notification for it this morning. I can check the Samsung smart TV later tonight.

·
Registered
989 Posts
I was happy to see that Amazon Prime has added “American Horror Story” to their line up. There was previously no option to stream this in Canada, as far as I could tell.

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
gonna check this later today after work to see how it looks. I have a family so we watch different things it would be nice to see it

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
gonna check this later today after work to see how it looks. I have a family so we watch different things it would be nice to see it
Yeah, it's there ... at least on Roku.

Wonderful - another screen to click through everytime ...

·
Registered
150 Posts
I was happy to see that Amazon Prime has added “American Horror Story” to their line up. There was previously no option to stream this in Canada, as far as I could tell.
Just checked this with my Prime, only first two seasons available, 3-8 not available in your location is the message for those seasons.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Just checked this with my Prime, only first two seasons available, 3-8 not available in your location is the message for those seasons.
Oh, that’s too bad, and I didn’t check to see which seasons were offered, since I just started streaming season 1. Probably some one else has streaming rights for the later seasons. I think it is an FX show, so is probably streamed by them, but sadly, the FX Now app doesn’t work since my cable company was unable to come to an agreement with Rogers.

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
I just checked on my Android phone, Windows computer, Roku, and LG TV - and all have the profiles now running on Amazon Fire stick. I didn't check my Amazon Fire stick - but I assume that would be first.

I wonder if they are rolling it out some users at the time.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I just checked on my Android phone, Windows computer, Roku, and LG TV - and all have the profiles now running on Amazon Fire stick. I didn't check my Amazon Fire stick - but I assume that would be first.

I wonder if they are rolling it out some users at the time.
I see it too now on my Samsung smart TV.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Called Prime Video help desk for this issue and they confirmed that the option to create profiles was indeed not yet available for Canadian subscribers. For you who managed to do so, you must have been somehow connected to the American service.

·
Registered
457 Posts
They don't know what they're talking about then, because I literally just created a new profile and I'm not at all connected or affiliated with the US service.

They probably didn't have an answer for you so they just made that up. Happens a lot with customer service calls.

·
Super Moderator
17,491 Posts
The article says "All this is rolling out starting today, but it won't reach all users right away."

·
Registered
989 Posts
There’s no sign of this on any of my devices.(Fire TV Stick 4K or Apple TV 4K), but it’s not a feature that I need or would use anyway.

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Called Prime Video help desk for this issue and they confirmed that the option to create profiles was indeed not yet available for Canadian subscribers. For you who managed to do so, you must have been somehow connected to the American service.
I'm 100% sure that I'm connected to the Canadian service. I've got a very vanilla set-up ... and I get free Prime shipping on Amazon.ca but not Amazon.com. I receive programs that are on Prime Canada, but I don't get the ones on Prime USA.

And I can choose profiles, suddenly, on every device I've tried.

I wish I had the US service - and I wish I could disable this annoyance.

281 - 300 of 310 Posts