Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

261 - 265 of 265 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
@Square1 the problem with that is that the DVD rental model had built-in restrictions where you could only rent 2 at a time (or so). There was time to mail them that slowed you down. So the average person probably rented 10 per month for the fixed price. Would you take a streaming service that limited you to X number of movies per month? Hollywood would want a good cut of this action so the service would probably have to be $40 per month at least.

Would it be great? Absolutely.

·
Registered
8,579 Posts
It's already available. Just subscribe to every streaming service that in existence. As for the price, just add them all up, $26 + $13 + $8 + $8 +++. As for having "all movies," no DVD rental service had that. Zip had a very good selection but there were missing titles. In addition, Zip was very slow in shipping new or popular titles. I could get new releases almost right away from other sources. More often than not, popular titles wouldn't be shipped by Zip until they became available on TMN or some other movie channel. It was useless for new titles.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Streaming with amazon is great except for saturday and sunday evenings these days. My internet is humming along but my amazon videos are low res or pausing intermittently. Other services have not done that yet.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My wife and I have been watching Season 3 of the Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. Apple TV into a LG HDTV.

For some reason it won’t let us watch episodes 7 and 8. We can watch anything else we want on Prime no problem.
Did anyone ever get back to you on this question? I hope so.....because that WAS such a great series....and it sounds like you SHOULDN'T have had the problems you encountered.
:-(

261 - 265 of 265 Posts