Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else gotten a letter stating their a Amazon Prime Member, when you didn't even know you where one?

I just got a letter in the mail from Amazon stating I haven't taken advantage of my Amazon Prime membership watching./Streaming video's on Amazon Prime Video?

The thing is I don't recall ever signing up for Amazon Prime Member?Yes I've bought a few things lately from Amazon in the past few months totaling about $150 or so, but I'm sure I never signed up for Amazon Prime? :confused:

·
Registered
70 Posts
When your signed in with your account what does the upper left Amazon icon look like? If you are a paid Prime member the icon says amazon.ca prime.

Also beside Your Account there should be a new menu item call Your Prime.

If that is what it says I would check your previous orders & credit card billing to see if your have the $79 fee charged to it.

·
Registered
8,653 Posts
It is very easy to accidentally start a Prime membership during checkout. Did you click on free 2 day delivery? It's the main option when Prime non-members are checking out. The free delivery with a $35 order is still available but it's not as easy to find.

These days, the Prime signup opts to the monthly subscription with the first month free. It also says you can cancel at any time. Just cancel the membership.

·
Registered
225 Posts
The preceding ideas are excellent.

Or you could just be being 'phished'1 If so you can return it to Amazon Security as an attachment or just hit delete. DO NOT click any links on that email until you are sure of it's provenance.

·
Premium Member
4,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It wasn't a e-maqil but a letter in the mail. The thing is I'm almost certain I didn't sign up for Amazon Prime?I rarely stream movies via the computer. I'm "old school;' like watch via tv via stb via Crave TV or stuff like that on tv.

·
Registered
495 Posts
It is very easy to accidentally start a Prime membership during checkout. Did you click on free 2 day delivery? It's the main option when Prime non-members are checking out. The free delivery with a $35 order is still available but it's not as easy to find.
That is most likely what happened. It happened to me about a year ago. It is the default option, and I wasn't careful enough, so I accidentally became a Prime member. The good thing was that it was for a free month, so I cancelled and used that month to watch pretty much everything I was interested in on Prime Video.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I finally clicked the "join Prime" button on purpose and my wife and I have started our free one month viewing of Acorn channel, which will be a separate fee in a months time. I have discovered that each channel on Amazon, has a separate fee.
My question is for others on Amazon Prime. Is the music streaming a separate fee, from the video section? Or is the streaming service included with the standard Amazon video service? Can't really tell from the site (actually just afraid to explore too much, since I know a click could be another 8 dollars a month. ha ha)..Thanks.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The demark for pay versus included are the channels under Prime Video Channels are extra fee. Everything else like TV and Movies, Original and Exclusive and Movies are included in your Prime Video subscription.

Hope that helps...

·
Registered
129 Posts
Prime Music is included with your Prime subscription. Check the app and download...some visuals are provided as the song plays. If you have a 4K Firestick...Alexa will do most of the work.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Yes, @pinto, I think Prime is good value for the money. As for the Music, I find that there is so much choice online (and elsewhere) now, that there are definitely not enough hours in the day to enjoy it all. So, with that being said, I probably won't use the music selections all that much, but we are enjoying the video.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Prime membership at $9.99 includes Kindle unlimited. I read on a real Kindle as well as on my IPad at home and my phone while waiting for something somewhere.

There are many,many books there, lots of bad books, lots by authors who expect it to be a route to games and a real publisher. I read several books a week, mostly (bad) science fiction and I usually find that even when the successful authors start to charge $2 to $6 for the next book that I am still ahead.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
106 Posts
timlocke, I believe you are talking about Prime reading that is free with a Prime membership? Kindle Unlimited is a separate service as far as I know with access to over 1,000,000 free books whereas Prime Reading is access to "over a 1000 books". Kindle Unlimited is 9.99 a month by itself. The book selection is a huge difference between the two, I know I was shocked at the choices when I went from reading to unlimited.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
My bad. I have both Prime and Kindle unlimited. Never looked to see if they were separate. Now I have looked and, for me, I am not sure that a Prime is worth the money...will think about that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts