Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I recently purchased a few firesticks and absolutely love them! I have noticed, however, that with a few apps (Netflix, prime video) that every 4-5 seconds, the video "stutters." Once you notice it, it ruins trying to watch something. I have tried changing the video resolution in the settings menu from math the original to 1080 p 60H to 720P 60H. I even switched it to 24h but nothing seems to work. It happens on two of the firesticks so I don't think this is a problem with the sticks. Does anyone know anything about this?

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
311 Posts
You can get an adapter that hard-wires Firestick to your network via Cat 5/6. Takes wi-fi issues out of the mix.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Do not have a problem with stutters but do have a long delay in contacting Prime Video selections. Netflix jumps right in. Pictures are perfect and no reduced input. Everything works just fine except when a lot of rain and delays are encountered. Not sure why.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So it seems as though its an issue with my 2 non 4K sticks. I moved my 4K stick upstairs and in the 4K display settings you can match refresh rate to source. Everything works well with this setting. I returned my 2 non 4K sticks. Thanks for chiming in everyone!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts