Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
328 Posts
Likewise, I am leaning towards the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, ASUS Transformer and rumored devices like this and the expected annoucement from HTC on June 27th of their 10" tablet called the Puccini. Exciting times!!

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I wonder what kind of price point?

What type of specs are rumored?

How bloated might come out of the box with amazon ware?

·
Registered
24,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1) One would assume the price would be in the Ipad ballpark
2) I've heard duo and quad specs (different sizes as well)
3) No idea

Everything is speculation but my buying plans are one hold until all questions are answered.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Pricing at ipad levels? Ouch it better actually be an ipad killer(i know people hate that but its reality) The HP touch is getting flack over its near ipad pricing and rightfully so i think...

Will be watching on this unfold for sure.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Seriously that is one of the most absurd things I have read.

I understand the razor and razor blade business. The Kindle was exactly that but a tablet is not the same. Where is the long term recurring revenue from an Android tablet that offsets losing on the hardware?

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
But I can watch Amazon Instant Video on a bunch of devices.

Selling hardware at a loss only makes sense if you have a proprietary product like a particular razor or video game system not in this case.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
I'm guessing Amazon is hoping to follow the Windows/IE model. Internet Explorer was able to capture 90%+ of the browser marketshare by being the default/only browser installed. Right now, Amazon apps have to be downloaded onto third party tablets and Apple gets a cut of in-app purchases. That won't be the case with the Amazon tablet. Their store will be right in your face and no other company will interfere with the payment process.

·
Registered
24,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The latest rumour: October will be the launch date for the 7" tablet while the 10" comes out in Q1 2012.

Q4 2011 sales predictions are in the 3-5 million range.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.