Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
141 - 160 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Oh man were the trotters dumb!

Once you knew F was the first letter, there was 24 combinations!

Jeesh
I counted 20. But yeah. It took me two minutes to work this out:

FANRZ FRANZ
FANZR FRAZN
FARNZ FRNAZ
FARZN FRNZA
FAZNR FZANR
FAZRN FZARN
FNARZ FZNAR
FNAZR FANRA
FNRAZ FZRAN
FNRZA FZRNA

·
Member #1
47,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
PFD,

The number of combinations for five letters is five factorial or 5!

5! = 5 x 4 x 3 x 2 x1 = 120

once you know the first then it becomes 4!

4! = 4 x 3 x 2 x 1 = 24

·
Registered
24,794 Posts
I don't have this on the PVR anymore but i swear when Sam/Dan asked him what letters he had(as soon as he entered the room) he stated FRANZ (in that sequence).

All 24 options:

F A N R Z
F A N Z R
F A R N Z
F A R Z N
F A Z R N
F A Z N R
F N A Z R
F N A R Z
F N R A Z
F N R Z A
F N Z A R
F N Z R A
F R A N Z
F R A Z N
F R N Z A
F R N A Z
F R Z A N
F R Z N A
F Z A R N
F Z A N R
F Z N A R
F Z N R A
F Z R A N
F Z R N A

·
Registered
24,794 Posts
Ya, the last episode usually spends only a few minutes in the US.

I guess the puzzle was counting to a million.

Amazing how quickly Meghan and Cheyne caught up.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Glad neither the brother team nor Miss freak-out-america win. I think Meghan did a great job overall that contributes to Cheyne and her win. I was disappointed that there was no memory/puzzle challenge like in previous seasons. That made the final leg less "amazing".

·
Member #1
47,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
I was disappointed that there was no memory/puzzle challenge like in previous seasons
Everyone in our family was asking the same question. The $1 million in chips was boring. I like the final challenge because it forces every team to pay attention.

I would like the final challenge to be brought back BUT allow both players on the team to work together to solve it.

As for Meghan and Cheyne winning, we were glad. We hated the other teams and Meghan and Cheyne really were the class of the competition.

Once again a fun show and I suspect I will be watching TAR 16 and like everyone, I hope its finally in HD!

·
Registered
24,794 Posts
For you Big Brother fans, Jordan and Jeff are part of TAR 16. The rest started November 28th in L.A.

I'm surprised this race only last 21 days.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Yeah, TAR is long overdue for HD makeover. Even commercially available high-end HiDef camcorders nowadays can do better than the SD coverage TAR given so far. And "travel" scenary can definitely use some HD.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
We were amazed with the finale. Finally, the team we wanted to win actually did. They weren't my first choice out of all the teams that started, but were the ones out of the final 3 that we liked. They worked hard, didn't give up, made a great comeback at the counting challenge and didn't b!tch at each other the whole race.

·
Member #1
47,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #160
from CTV Press release

TORONTO, Dec. 7 /CNW/ - CTV hit the jackpot Sunday night as 3.074 million viewers tuned in to watch Meghan Rickey and Cheyne Whitney cross the finish line in Las Vegas in THE AMAZING RACE season finale. Winning the night nationally, the episode becomes the most-watched program of the week in Canada in total viewers and the key A25-54 and A18-49 demos. Last night's finale is up 42% from last fall's season finale and peaked with 3.8 million viewers at 8:54 p.m. as Meghan and Cheyne ran for the finish line.

Up 46% over last fall's season, THE AMAZING RACE Season 15 averaged 2.68 million viewers, making it the most-watched in eight cycles. This season ranks in the Top 10 Fall 2009 programs nationally with all key demos, ranking at No. 4 with A25-54 and A18-49.

141 - 160 of 166 Posts